Building our own houses and sleeping

All in all, this game is an enjoyable way to play but I have one problem with it. My character seems to be just standing in front of the fire, just waiting for the next day and for several days at a time. Either this guy's a zombie unable to sleep or he's eaten some berries that make prevent him from sleeping. We should have the ability to make our own houses (customizable hopefully) and the ability to sleep. It would be nice to have some sort of rucksack or sleeping bag that could be made for sleeping but then again someone's gotta have the fire going (which I have no idea how to keep it going while my guy would be asleep). There should be the ability to build a house sense we have planks and building material enough to build a pig house but not for the character (at least so far that I know sense I'm pretty new at the game and died before I got to build a pig house).

In short

--The ability to build a house

--The ability to customize said house

--Sleeping

--Probably a hardcore mode where it adds a sleep meter?

All in all, this game is an enjoyable way to play but I have one problem with it. My character seems to be just standing in front of the fire, just waiting for the next day and for several days at a time. Either this guy's a zombie unable to sleep or he's eaten some berries that make prevent him from sleeping. We should have the ability to make our own houses (customizable hopefully) and the ability to sleep. It would be nice to have some sort of rucksack or sleeping bag that could be made for sleeping but then again someone's gotta have the fire going (which I have no idea how to keep it going while my guy would be asleep). There should be the ability to build a house sense we have planks and building material enough to build a pig house but not for the character (at least so far that I know sense I'm pretty new at the game and died before I got to build a pig house).

In short

--The ability to build a house

--The ability to customize said house

--Sleeping

--Probably a hardcore mode where it adds a sleep meter?

you can already make a sleeping bag which is a one time use item that skips the night.

Ugh... do not like. The straw roll is abused so much it should count as an exploit... bleh. :(

It is because there are people who aren't satisfied with some of the content that the development will never work out properly at this point.

I can tell that it will end up going off track for a LOOOONG time.

Ever since the update with the hounds, I stopped bothering to play this game as it lost it's appeal.

Probably because the development is more on trying to balance and deter players from being powerful that it can't do much else?

I sometimes notice a trend where developers taking their community and players too seriously ends up derailing their game's development.

Oh gee look at Salem and see how that turned out.

In effect, games are suppose to be developed for the sake of the developer with as little intervention from the community as possible, as a form of art to be expressed to the player. The more you try to cater to everyone, or even acknowledge everyone's view, the more likely you end up watering down the development.

So yeah, it's true that some companies have a 'tough love' motto to their communities.

Minecraft gave everyone a sole reason to be overpowered but they didn't simply add more features to attempt to get a jab a the players... To make them morally affected in any case.

The moment they announced a moral system for a enemy that spawns I lost some appeal in this game too.

Edited by dra6o0n

It is because there are people who aren't satisfied with some of the content that the development will never work out properly at this point.

I can tell that it will end up going off track for a LOOOONG time.

Ever since the update with the hounds, I stopped bothering to play this game as it lost it's appeal.

Probably because the development is more on trying to balance and deter players from being powerful that it can't do much else?

I sometimes notice a trend where developers taking their community and players too seriously ends up derailing their game's development.

Oh gee look at Salem and see how that turned out.

In effect, games are suppose to be developed for the sake of the developer with as little intervention from the community as possible, as a form of art to be expressed to the player. The more you try to cater to everyone, or even acknowledge everyone's view, the more likely you end up watering down the development.

So yeah, it's true that some companies have a 'tough love' motto to their communities.

Minecraft gave everyone a sole reason to be overpowered but they didn't simply add more features to attempt to get a jab a the players... To make them morally affected in any case.

The moment they announced a moral system for a enemy that spawns I lost some appeal in this game too.

I actually enjoyed the game even more when the hound update came out, because then it stopped my, "Day 130: two stacks of cooked meat, tons of effigies and amulets" streak from happening ever again.

On Topic: I would actually like to see the ability to build houses in the future. But of course, it would need a lot of balancing and changes in order to make it fit the theme of, "You will die".