Caves and Other Content

Pardon me if this sounds like a dumb question, but have caves been implemented in DST yet? I have yet to find one and spawning one in via console just creates basalt.

Also, when will characters such as Wendy be available in DST?

And will our worlds from DST Beta transfer to the actual full release of DST in the normal game?

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I have not been on the forums in a long, long time.

Also, when will characters such as Wendy be available in DST?

And will our worlds from DST Beta transfer to the actual full release of DST in the normal game?

I think some more characters will be available in the next patch (in 5 days according to the timer on the main screen). Not sure if Wendy will be among them, but we'll see!

I believe the worlds from the beta will transfer, since they decided DST will be standalone for release as well. But I could be wrong about that.

Thanks for responding so quick!

Also, do we have an estimate on when chess set pieces will be added? It is currently nigh impossible to find gears for an ice box, and it makes playing as Wx-78 rather dull.

Chess pieces are technically in the game. I think the main holdup on them is the screen shake from the clockwork rook, which seems to happen for every character regardless of how far away they are. You can, however, get the Wooden Thing set piece if you change the world preset to Default (away from "Together Forever").

When said new things are added to the game's world generation (sinkholes, chess biomes, etc.) it is likely we will have to start a new world. Is there a way to transfer inventories?

It doesn't seem like the Teleportato has been added yet, and the only way to get new world gen stuff is to make a new world.

When said new things are added to the game's world generation (sinkholes, chess biomes, etc.) it is likely we will have to start a new world. Is there a way to transfer inventories?

It doesn't seem like the Teleportato has been added yet, and the only way to get new world gen stuff is to make a new world.

Well, I doubt the inclusion of an inventory transfer. You can try that in the game's files. (You can find them in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Saves but it'd be an effort an a half to probably successfully bring those items in rather start anew. Besides, in Don't Starve, I like starting new. It gives way to a new experience.

Archived