Day 87: Today I embark on the last great expedition. My mission is to uncover the rest of this island to which I am confined, and explore it in its entirety, or find a way to escape.

Day 88: I spent the entirety of today traveling through lands already known to me. I spent the night in a bog, of all places, huddled on a little platform of stone in the middle; out of reach from those nasty tentacles which erupt from the ground and try to eviscerate me on occasion. I've been using one of their spikes as a rather effective, if not crude weapon. Speaking of which, today I witnessed a pack of giant spiders fighting one of them. It did not end well for the spiders, but I felt they had sufficiently weakened the creature, so I attacked. As it turns out, I was correct, and I was rewarded with quite a bit of meat and spider silk, both of which have proven useful in multiple applications in my time here.

Day 89: This is it. The end of the island. There is no more land now other than what I have scrawled out before me into a map. There is no escape. I have no choice but to return to the small base-camp that I left behind two days ago. In my haste to discover the boundaries of this strange land, I neglected to explore some of the interior areas of my new world. I will go through them on the return trip, which begins tomorrow. For now, I must try to sleep while surrounded by loudly snoring buffalo-like creatures. At least they aren't trying to kill me.

Day 90: I found a large graveyard today. Having success in the past, looting the graves of previous inhabitants of the island, I've made a note to return here. For now, I have not the room in my rucksack for all the treasures buried within. I wonder if these are the graves of previous survivors like myself, dropped into this strange and unforgiving landscape. Will one of these graves be my final resting place? Is my tomb to be looted for the benefit of the next survivor? But enough answerless questions. Today I also discovered one of the most magnificent creatures I have seen to date. It appeared to be a sort of bird, with one large bulging eyeball and legs at least two stories high. Not surprisingly, it tried to kill me. But I let it live and managed to evade its gaze. Its nest had a rather large egg in it, and I feel that this creature may be beneficial to my survival if left alive. Strangely, it seems to be the only one of its kind on the entire island. I wonder why there are not more. I've set up camp in the bog again, at the same place I camped on day 88.

Day 91: Home. At least what I now know as home. I sit next to a fire, writing in this papyrus diary, surrounded by a small stretch of farmland and the many contraptions I have made to facilitate my survival. The fruits of my efforts in the last three months. I am saddened by my failure to find a means of escape, but I feel strangely at peace. Tomorrow, I suppose, there is nothing left to do but keep surviving. It's all I can do. I suppose there are worse things.

[END]

In case you are having trouble with the moral of this little story, here it is; My world contains only one tallbird. One. One tallbird, and one tallbird nest. So much for my dreams of a smallbird army.

EDIT: I could have swore I was posting this in the art/lore section. Whoops. If someone could move it there, as I can't seem to delete it on my own, that would be great.

Edited by Ora
Wrong section.

Well seeing as how this entire adventure played out within about a half hour of real time, I just came to these forums with the fresh memory of my adventure in my mind and wrote what happened during my expedition in a manner that makes it look like it's from Wilson's point of view in a diary. I've been told I have a pretty good mind for writing. I don't normally do anything with it, but I decided to do this tonight for some reason.