I WAS making a charcter mod............

Aisu

It was going fine, then photoshit! decided "Oh you gotta use the bathroom? I'm gonne just move your canvas around while you're not in here so many times you can't undo it."  I've spent like 15+ hours doing this since last night and now it's just screwed all to hell.......................... Whatever I guess I'm starting over.......... :wilson_livid:

It was going fine, then photoshit! decided "Oh you gotta use the bathroom? I'm gonne just move your canvas around while you're not in here so many times you can't undo it."  I've spent like 15+ hours doing this since last night and now it's just screwed all to hell.......................... Whatever I guess I'm starting over.......... :wilson_livid:

GOOD.

I hate photoshop. You should too.

Well, I've salvaged what I could and and damn near finished but have run into an issue. I can't for the life of me seem to line up the regular head with the one where the hair cuts off for hats and speaking of which, when I put a hat on the hair clips through but only when I face away from the camera. Also the eyes are really shakey when he speaks.

Here's the hair going through the hat

post-340692-0-90775200-1414905518_thumb.

Here's my character anim png if anyone needs to see.

post-340692-0-87007300-1414905600_thumb.

Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to really use the 'cut off' head when wearing a hat. I think the only way to fix that is to re-design your character's hair so that it isn't so big, or to build your character with his hair and face as separate images ( the way Wilson is built.)

If you're characters face is flickering that just means things aren't lined up perfectly. I think it's going to take some trial and error to fix it while working with the anim.png.

Yea I'm trying to line up the eyes and whatnot now. I've tried the Wilson hair thing but I also couldn't line it up.=/ Ill just deal with it by not wearing hats. It could be like a dislike of his or something. "Wishes hats a flaming demise." Now if only I knew how to shade to make this look better.

Yea I'm trying to line up the eyes and whatnot now. I've tried the Wilson hair thing but I also couldn't line it up.=/ Ill just deal with it by not wearing hats. It could be like a dislike of his or something. "Wishes hats a flaming demise." Now if only I knew how to shade to make this look better.

SPRITER, you, me a new tutorial this friday, then.

I'll put a character thing here.

You can download spriter at the site or in the Don't Starve mod tools under the Tools section in Steam.

Unload the zip

Edit with spriter

Save the edits as aisu.scml

Make a folder called exported in Aisu's modfolder

put EVERYTHING in the exported folder

run the auto-compiler from the mod tools (This happens every time you run the game if you download the mod tools)

ALSO, you can make the atlas bigger. Take ALL dimensions and multiply them by either 2 or a power of 2. This will help your art look better. I have to do it for most of my mods, I still have to do it when using spriter because spriter loves to make small sprites.

Didn't see the skirt, gonna edit the file below to make it work. Probably not soon though.

aisu.zip

Also with Spriter it took me ages to work out how to flip the image without changing it.

I make the x-scale or y-scale the opposite. So if it's currently 10 then put -10 and it's flipped. You can drag it too.

Maybe I'm a bit slow but that's what really stumped me with Spriter. : s

Spriter is so dysfunctional, it's hilarious

Depends on which version you use. There are newer versions that the one currently on the DS mod tools and are a LOT more stable. I have it downloaded, and I hate it because if you DON'T decide to go pro it will ask if you want to download their beta build. YES it will still ask you even if that is the build that you are running.

I only use it to swap out images for character models. I was thinking about making some monsters, but I don't think I could get that done anytime soon.

Archived