How to Train Your Dragon(fly)?

I've started summer in my new game file and I'm mentally preparing. I've beaten every giant in the game bar the dragonfly because he's just a son of a gun.

I steadily play with Wendy. Is there a way that I can use Abigail to my advantage?

I've set up a summer base in the desert near the hound mounds/lots of gold-veined rocks set piece, but not so close that they'll go mental and start chewing on my face whenever I move. Thinking about using them - but is it too risky?

I've managed to save up 10 gun powder over winter, too.

What do you think? What are your tactics?

Cheers,

Tamazacat.

I've found that Bearger and Dragonfly make quick work of any mobs you try to train on them. Their damage is too high. Dragonfly will 2-shot an entire beefalo herd.

For dragonfly, the only safe route is putting him to sleep, then blowing him to hell with gunpowder. If you have a lot of blow darts saved up, that works also. Try to keep him in an area where things aren't flamable (like a desert biome), otherwise he'll ruin an entire forest.

For fights with no melee, use the above or make a garden/pen and gather any treeguards you might encounter in it. A few of them will make short work of the dragonfly

Dragonfly almost kills any mob in one or 2 shots, except for treeguards, some lucky pigs kiting it, and tentacles (al be it like 3-4 shots at them...)

With willow you can easy 4-hit kite it with a few log suits and footbal helmet

for wendy it would be a lot harder, than again you can combine any methods, a few blow darts here and there, a few tentacles and maybe a treeguard.

Be as creative as you like!

i used one to clear out a tallfort, and even a lot off tallbirds die very quick due to his AOE stamping

I play Wendy a lot, and Abigail isn't much use against giants.

For the dragonfly with Wendy, I'd suggest the ice staff/15 gunpowder method, or even just putting him to sleep with ash, and getting him to despawn. His drops aren't all that useful IMO.....the scale armour is only really useful against later dragonflies( and the occasional red hound), and the scale chest is certainly not essential.

Deerclops and Moose/Goose are the giants I take an effort to kill, I'm happy to just despawn Dragonfly and Bearger.

Archived