Cannot connect with friend - Server Not Responding

So I just got beta keys for my friend and I and we jumped in but are having an issue trying to connect to each other.

We can see each other's servers.  When we try to connect it times out and gives "Server Not Responding.  The server is not responding.  Try yelling louder?"

What can we do to get this working?

Thanks!

Maybe try to connect to the net with a wire. It may sounds dumb, but me and a friend were having like a lot of lags, and were both in wi fi. So we both plugged and it changed everything, we now play without any problem, or just a few.

Hope you manage to repair your problem! (sorry if i'm not helping)

I see this question is several months old with no resolution.  I am experiencing the exact same issue, and google doesn't yield any useful results.  My girlfriend and I are sitting next to each other on the same couch, and the server pings are in the thousands. When we try to connect, regardless of the host, we are met with Server Not Responding. Even when trying to play an online game, one of us lags out within 15 seconds.  I just went to speedtest.net, and we both have identical 16ms pings and 30/6 Mbps down/upload on wifi. Using an ethernet cable is not a feasible solution. Is it possible to get some kind of an official response to this? It's completely ruined the giveaway key that I got with Don't Starve Together. After all, I'm basically only capable of playing single player -- or with complete strangers -- until this is resolved.

I was hosting a game and playing with two friends yesterday, but after the last update he can't connect to me anymore.

He tried to host, I can connect but the other friend (wich is sharing my connection in LAN) can't connect.

I posted it in a bug report post because i think it's for the update, it was working just before it...

Archived