How to improve the whole Augment and Cybernetics lab problem!

I've had a idea how to deal with the underwhelming Augment situation if i had the choice between a Augment and a inventory item hands down i choose inventory item every time but to combat the under-use of Augments give it its own inventory slot in the right arm (left arm taken up by the agents unique Augment) but limit each agent to a single Augment.

I know for sure if i could only fill that slot with a Augment it would make me much more prone to spend some credits on a Augment or visit a cybernetics lab instead of wasting the space that the agent has available.

As for the cybernetics labs the way they are now is terrible from the random Augment that is given to the 3 turn knockout time (this is over half a alarm level way too long in my opinion) i find myself completely avoiding these missions unless its the only option and then i take the safes and guard money and leave.

To counter this i would obviously give a option to choose from a set of Augments but only have one Cybernetics Machine per level and make it one time use (and i'd make it a completely free Augment) as for knocking out the agent instead make the agent only have half AP for 3 turns with the inability to use any inventory items.

these are my ideas for a solution to the biggest problem with this game i would like to get other peoples opinions on the matter and also do you think that the agents unique Augments should be added to the system?

I agree with the left arm right arm thing (total of 2 augments per agent). A lot of people already suggested it, including me. 

The problem with this is that if both agents got their augments, the mission would become redundant. All missions are supposed to give you something if you complete the objective(doesn't matter how many times you complete the same type of mission). 

I think that's why there are prisoners in detention centers. If all it had was agents then you'd run out of detention center missions very quickly. 

Maybe if it was something more like the R&D missions where you can find and keep augments and install, switch, store and remove them between missions. with the limitation of 2 augment per agent.

I agree with the left arm right arm thing (total of 2 augments per agent). A lot of people already suggested it, including me. 

The problem with this is that if both agents got their augments, the mission would become redundant. All missions are supposed to give you something if you complete the objective(doesn't matter how many times you complete the same type of mission). 

I think that's why there are prisoners in detention centers. If all it had was agents then you'd run out of detention center missions very quickly. 

Maybe if it was something more like the R&D missions where you can find and keep augments and install, switch, store and remove them between missions. with the limitation of 2 augment per agent.

I understand your point about the mission becoming redundant but from a story mode only kinda guy after a brief flurry into endless mode and realized it is a flawed concept seeing as if you survive the first 5-7 missions your set up to deal with 90% of situations the normal story mode runs for 9 or 10 missions if you could only gain 1 Augment per mission this means you would need to use 2 of your missions to visit Cybernatics labs (3-4 if you have rescued agents).

Plus it would tie the 2 mission types together rescue a agent warrants a visit to a Cybernetics lab but for certain they need a complete overhaul of the whole problem.

Hail Left Arm! Removable argument on the left and permanent on the right sounds great. But I'd like it better to have Arguments placed in separate equipment slots instead of occupying inventory slots. I guess arguments are something implanted in our agent's arm...so what's the point to put it in the inventory? Maybe Left Arm+Right Arm+Utility Belt makes some sense :)

Arguments are always a liability to me for all four previous patches. Especially for the most recent one, sometime I just feel I'd rather have the argument in exchange for an extra inventory slot. If the argument dosen't occupy the inventory anymore, I would love to use it more often. If this situation doesn't change in the next update, I still won't touch any of the argument and keep avoiding the Cybernetics Labs throughout my game play.

Archived