Banishing Ghosts

I'd like for there to be a crafted item that banishes a player ghost (or really an AI ghost since they aren't that common) to another part of the map.

Player ghosts are the most annoying thing, especially because once you've successfully killed another player, they have way more fun setting fire to your stuff. It could also be used in a non-PVP setting to find a touchstone quicker (potentially).

Yay? Nay?

I like this idea. Either a forcefield type thing that creates a space the ghosts can not haunt or maybe something that can protect individual objects?

I don't want ghosts to have zero power. That destroys the point of interacting with the living. I just want them to not follow me around 24/7, especially if they're just doing it because they're mad I killed them. Erasing the map and moving them away as a one shot deal would be fine.

I don't want ghosts to have zero power. That destroys the point of interacting with the living. I just want them to not follow me around 24/7, especially if they're just doing it because they're mad I killed them. Erasing the map and moving them away as a one shot deal would be fine.

Well that wouldn't mean zero power. Those fields could be hard to obtain and have a durability.

Or set a timer for ghosts so that they can only haunt/exist on the server for a certain amount of days? If that is not implemented yet, idk

I'd like for there to be a crafted item that banishes a player ghost (or really an AI ghost since they aren't that common) to another part of the map.

Player ghosts are the most annoying thing, especially because once you've successfully killed another player, they have way more fun setting fire to your stuff. It could also be used in a non-PVP setting to find a touchstone quicker (potentially).

Yay? Nay?

So pretty much like a telelocator staff, only cheaper to make and exclusive to ghosts? The telelocator staff already works on ghosts btw!

So pretty much like a telelocator staff, only cheaper to make and exclusive to ghosts? The telelocator staff already works on ghosts btw!

You need the caves, though! but yes, I guess that's what I'm asking for. Perhaps they or someone else could think of something to make it a bit different. I just think the idea of killing a player just for him to make your life hell wasn't really what they had in mind.

Well .... ut sementem feceris, ita metes ... perhaps this is partly what they had in mind to give the poor and slained soul something to be at least a bit joyful about.

Perhaps. Being annoying and destroying everything should be further apart though.

Archived