The night grows darker, the day grows shorter.

Hello,

My idea I would like to suggest is a slow enrage of the game. Every 5-10 day's another slice of daytime turn's into night.

Eventually - you would run out of day time.

Things that would be more rewarding for the player because of this:

Stockpiling Daytime resources ex -poop, seeds, honey

Importance of building structures

The challenge of various "encounters" ex - Hounds, Angry Tree

I understand this might have to be a toggle able mode, and while still in development is better to finish the game core then think about alternate modes. I just think it's worth a think.

the idea, could be used for a "Hardcore" mode, or something similar to that, but that would make the game very difficult, because not all animals stay awake at night.. thus your suggestion would put them in an eternal sleep, rendering them basically dead, however, i do believe that the night should be longer, to make the game more realistic..

This isn't about realism guys, this is about presenting a horrific world full of torment to your doorsteps. This could be something incorporated into your "sanity" meter as such. Say the more insane you are, the longer the nights and the shorter the days until being fully insane makes it always night. So it'd add another feature and reason to maintaining your sanity,

This isn't about realism guys, this is about presenting a horrific world full of torment to your doorsteps. This could be something incorporated into your "sanity" meter as such. Say

the more insane you are, the longer the nights and the shorter the days until being fully insane makes it always night. So it'd add another feature and reason to maintaining your sanity,

I feel that would work really well in sanity. Tops to you.

I feel that you should be able to do it as a toggle, yes, but unless wanted to it should never go to full night by default. That'd seem cruel, but you never know keli...

Story mode:

You will be able to build a one-way portal in each world that will take you to a newly generated world. This world will be harder and may be lacking in certain resources or have new types of challenges. You will come into this world carrying whatever you had in your inventory when you left the last one, so pack your backpack carefully. Once you escape from enough worlds, you learn the terrible secret of Don’t Starve. Doing so will unlock some of the more unbalanced options in Free Play mode.

What if it was implemented that there was a world that was never day or night, but perpetual dusk? And then another world with perpetual night? This would keep it from becoming obnoxious on main worlds, but would certainly add a challenge.

*also, perpetual dusk is awesome because animals are awake, enemies are awake, and it's harder to see what you're doing*