[Server Crash] - more MacTusk crash the load map

tonylouny

Bug Submission:

Category: Server Crash

Issue Title: more MacTusk crash the load map

Issue Description: I put more MacTsuk in the option, so i can get more walrus tusk for makin the walking cane but the server begin to crash and i try it to load and was keep working about 20min more, after some more crashing the map stop working so now i cant go far about day 51.

i don't know how send the other information if anyone can help me..(srry for my english i try my best)

i attach some pictures for show the options i edited and what i see so i can't load the map.

Steps to Reproduce: edit world in the options

be the server

in the options put:

-map longer

-more food, mecha horses, MacTusk many of all except the others enemys.

-long summer.

For me it looks like your server can't handle such amount of MacTusks.

Some options when set to "More" will spawn things like crazy. For ex. chess pieces. Once set to "More" they are everywhere!

And by more information I guess you mean screenshots right? It's simple. Make a screenshot of the crash screen through Steam (F12 by default). Locate it on your disc. Upload it here with the bug report or upload it on some image uploading site like www.imgur.pl and post the link to the screenshot here.

There were some other files needed like logs but I don't remember that. (Go for it truthseeker :grin:)

For me it looks like your server can't handle such amount of MacTusks.

Some options when set to "More" will spawn things like crazy. For ex. chess pieces. Once set to "More" they are everywhere!

And by more information I guess you mean screenshots right? It's simple. Make a screenshot of the crash screen through Steam (F12 by default). Locate it on your disc. Upload it here with the bug report or upload it on some image uploading site like www.imgur.pl and post the link to the screenshot here.

There were some other files needed like logs but I don't remember that. (Go for it truthseeker :grin:)

i can handle it, i play games like battlefield 3 on ultra, i have 4th gen core i5, gpu R9 280x OC 3gb, 8GB ram 1600mhz, etc.. so i can play any game on ultra or high settings, so i think is more like a bug, i attached screenshots so the mod can see it, and how can i view the logs?? and all that stuff if you can teach me please?, and thanks for the answer but i hope any of klei staff see my problem for find a fix i really want play my game again i had a lot of stuff but as i say i play it with that stuff in my alone version with even "more" and i can tell you my pc can run with that :-) .post-402051-0-10078400-1413253372_thumb. post-402051-0-35803600-1413253411_thumb.

Strange, I made a world with lots of chess pieces, more killer bees, more spiders and more Mac Tusks on the biggest island option and it never crashed for me upon loading the world, in fact it took a surprisingly short time to make..

As for the error message, can you remember what you did a moment before it happened? Btw you can find a file called log.txt at: Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether . You could copy/past the contents in your post (make sure to give it spoiler tags because it's s lot of text!) or attach it as an attachment to your post.

I have this problem as well. I don't have a screen shot of the error message itself. However it is pretty much the same. I had the clockwork, MacTusk, Spider, Beefalo, Hounds, and Tentacles set to more. It seems to frequently happen during winter as far as I can tell. I personally suspect it has to do with Pig AI when they are friends, Mac Tusk, or maybe the clockworks. Since it's either because they are in clustered together on the map (like 5 Mac Tusk camps next to each other) or winter overlapping with other things. I hesitated to post this for awhile because I could not pin point the crash itself.

However here is my log: 

log.txt

I hope it helps.

UPDATE 1 (OP's real error duplication):

So there is a couple of errors I am going to update my post on. It seems there is more random crash LuA erros then I thought there was. So I am going to start updating them and adding them to this post. Disregard the last log since it does not have the error that the OP originally posted. It has a different error entirely.

The Error the OP is referring to I got my server to never start up again. Here what might have caused it. After the friendly Pigman AI (after giving them all meat) nearly killed nearly everyone at the walrus camp I reload the server, and constantly get the same LuA error as the OP has.

Here is a screen shot of the error:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537377478007806495/77A7EA8F802E324C9DD521CBBA673059760386C2/

Here is the log of it (after I tried to restart the server):

log2.txt

UPDATE 2: Here is another log error of the same type as I mentioned above above. This time I created a war between Mac Tusk and the Pigs. The only difference is I set them to lots and I did not friend any of the pigs.

Here is the log of the error:

log3.txt

UPDATE 3: Finally I got the other LuA crash error I have been getting around Ma cTusk. First what I had Mac Tusk to lots and Pigs (same world from update 2). I let myself die to become a ghost haunted one hound to become a fire hound (not sure if this makes any difference. Then I had them fight a bunch of Beefalo. After awhile I got the error as they were fighting and I was still a ghost.

Here is the screen shot:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537377478009614524/411A44A059446C540DA60A813D1F49FED6689523/

Here is the log of the error:

log4.txt

Also to note I had the preset to winter to speed up the testing.

UPDATE 4:  So it seems that the log4 crash is probably related to this crash: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/42001-server-crash-hounds-spawning-when-a-player-is-a-ghost-causes-crash/

Strange, I made a world with lots of chess pieces, more killer bees, more spiders and more Mac Tusks on the biggest island option and it never crashed for me upon loading the world, in fact it took a surprisingly short time to make..

As for the error message, can you remember what you did a moment before it happened? Btw you can find a file called log.txt at: Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether . You could copy/past the contents in your post (make sure to give it spoiler tags because it's s lot of text!) or attach it as an attachment to your post.

yeah my world made it quick too, the crashing thing started about day 50 to 56 when the winter started ( i had summer option in long) i had some pigs for friends, many mactusk camps close each others like 8 or 9 was insane but funny the last thing i did it before the server crash was when i finally get it two mactusk fangs and they hat, i closed the server (trying to save it before crashing again for don't lose for third time all the advance that i have), so when i tried to enter again was when i can´t load the game again so i can´t play it anymore...

thanks for the help i will attach it.

here is: 

log.txt

yeah my world made it quick too, the crashing thing started about day 50 to 56 when the winter started ( i had summer option in long) i had some pigs for friends, many mactusk camps close each others like 8 or 9 was insane but funny the last thing i did it before the server crash was when i finally get it two mactusk fangs and they hat, i closed the server (trying to save it before crashing again for don't lose for third time all the advance that i have), so when i tried to enter again was when i can´t load the game again so i can´t play it anymore...

thanks for the help i will attach it.

here is: 

attachicon.giflog.txt

Apparently I  did not clearly understand this before, but now I do.  So the data log keeps track of the current server you are running to the point where you log off (disconnect from server) it dumps the data off into the log.  Which means you have to go into the server experience the crash/error, and then immediately get a copy of that data crash log (before you start another server instance).  Towards the end of log report you should see the error(s). Or I end up using the "find" function (Notepad++ software) to pin point the error (usually by typing in the word: "error").

Unfortunately i could not match up your error log with the error log that I am getting (no LuA errors at all). So you might want to do is this.  Reload the server that is corrupted. As soon as the error pops up exit out of DS:T then attach the log document back in here.

Check my second and third log reports (log2 &log3), if you don't believe me.  You should see the same error you have been getting towards the end of my logs.  Then try match it up the errors with the one you attached here.

Apparently I  did not clearly understand this before, but now I do.  So the data log keeps track of the current server you are running to the point where you log off (disconnect from server) it dumps the data off into the log.  Which means you have to go into the server experience the crash/error, and then immediately get a copy of that data crash log (before you start another server instance).  Towards the end of log report you should see the error(s). Or I end up using the "find" function (Notepad++ software) to pin point the error (usually by typing in the word: "error").

Unfortunately i could not match up your error log with the error log that I am getting (no LuA errors at all). So you might want to do is this.  Reload the server that is corrupted. As soon as the error pops up exit out of DS:T then attach the log document back in here.

Check my second and third log reports (log2 &log3), if you don't believe me.  You should see the same error you have been getting towards the end of my logs.  Then try match it up the errors with the one you attached here.

yeah i get it now and i experiment about the two first erros that you get (when the pigs are my friends and combat mactuks i have the exactly same crash and i can't load my map forever), so how we can fix it?

here is the log now check it out:

log.txt

I don't think there is any way to fix it per-se, on our side.  i think that is up to Klei to get it fixed.  However I can tell you something corrupted my world when in my first world this happened in.  So I can never reenter that instance again until the crash/bug is fixed.

• Developer

Hey @Sindex,

As V2C said, thanks for the report, it really helped us isolating the issue.

I would love to have a look at your save file for the world. I am fairly sure I know what the issue is but want to see if I can also fix the loading of worlds that were already corrupted because of the issue.

If you go to the directory where the log is and then in the subdirectory 'save' there should be 'survival_1' to 'survival_5', I'd be interested in the one with the same number as the slot for your server in the hosting screen.

If you could post that I'd appreciate it!

Kaj :)

Unfortunately I am not allowed to upload the file here on the forums. However I uploaded it to mega.

https://mega.co.nz/#!T4phHDCK!q6OYHjWx49qy4anynTg4U-DnUXbkll3AIu3hnomwUuw

Hopefully this is the save file you are looking for. Every time you load it up it will give you that first (combat) error I was talking about. The unfortunate part is the other (follower) error never really corrupted any of my worlds. However I tried to reproduce this error in this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/sindexm/c/5308169

• Developer

@Sindex,

Thanks, will have a look at it. For the follower bug I have a fix, and that indeed doesn't corrupt the world. But since this one seems it does (and is rather hard to repro for me) the save file will be a great help if it crashes for me as well :)

Kaj

• Developer

The follower bug is easy to explain - when a hound was haunted to become a red hound some internal logic was still trying to do stuff to its old blue self, hilarity ensued.

The load crash I can't really explain easily as it was some internal logic that was flawed and just managed to get tripped by mactusk's base under certain circumstances.

Archived