Idea for sleeping

Disclaimer: I don't actually have the DST beta. What I'm saying here is going by info on the Wiki. So for all I know, this could actually be added already. 

The idea for sleeping sort of works. I like the idea of being able to spread out the sleeping. But here's the thing. Having to just wait like that is really boring. I know that usually night is like less than a minute, but if you have an opportunity to avoid boredom for any moment of time in a game, you should probably take it.

So here's how I think it should work. There needs to be a "Wait" system added, like in Fallout. 

How it works is, any player can hit a special key (Should be something far off so they can't hid it by accident mid-battle, like Numpad-6). which opens up a screen of the clock. Here a player can start a vote to "pass time" for a given number of segments remaining in that day. Then this opens up a little window in the corner of the screen where you can vote "yes" or "no" on whether or not to skip time. This should be with F1 for yes and F1 for no because this is what most games with a kick function use.

If you have a sleeping object of some kind and it is in use, you will progress to the next day normally, with only a percentage of the bonus gained/hunger lost based on how many segments of nighttime were left (So that people can't exploit it by skipping forward just before night ends). That way you don't have to wait.

Players who don't have a sleeping object just go to sleep on the ground, losing hunger at the normal rate without gaining anything (except immunity to the Grue). 

This vote cannot be used if there is a monster within 3/4s of the screen near a player. Walls will become useful again for keeping mobs out of this radius.

I would consider researching through fellow forum members or watching some live streams before suggesting things. Currently, sleeping quickly depletes your hunger and raises your sanity. You are safe from Charlie, and you can cancel sleeping by moving. It is not a impressive mechanic, but I can type in chat while I sleep.

I personally would like to be able to go ghost mode when sleeping by the lit night light, but there is nothing wrong with sleeping at the moment.

I would consider researching through fellow forum members or watching some live streams before suggesting things. Currently, sleeping quickly depletes your hunger and raises your sanity. You are safe from Charlie, and you can cancel sleeping by moving. It is not a impressive mechanic, but I can type in chat while I sleep.

I personally would like to be able to go ghost mode when sleeping by the lit night light, but there is nothing wrong with sleeping at the moment.

Ditto as to above reply. 

I don't know if I agree with trying to put a Time Skip in. Some people might use Night to catch Fireflies (I do!) or things like that. When you're by yourself, Time Skips are fine. Even with a majority voting system, I don't really like the idea. Someone might be quite hungry and at low health and if they get outvoted, they'll probably die after the time skip as well.

In my opinion sleeping is a waste of time any way, when i play i only sleep when i have low health and sanity simultaneously, and that rarely happens. Especially at day 100 when doggies start attacking you every 3 days at that point even night time is time to get out with your lantern and chop trees or tend your garden. I dont know if it is curently working like that but sleeping should only skip time if all players are sleeping at the same time. 

I have an idea. Sure sleeping is fine now, but why not make it better? ya see I like the teamwork involved in this new multiplayer thing, so my idea is to make it so that when you go to sleep you lose vision so that one person would need to stay up and keep watch. keep watch for what? well why not add something that can hurt you in your sleep or steal stuff at night but is easily scarred of. also why not make it so that the more people that are in bed the faster the time goes?

Archived