[Exploit] - Meat Effigy - Missing Health Penalty

osmRhodey

Bug Submission:

Category: Exploit

Issue Title: Meat Effigy - Missing Health Penalty

Issue Description: A notice was made when we were making ways of revival, aka the meat effigy.

Normally the meat effigy is supposed to take a cap off of your health.

Which in the case of our Wilson player, it did.

But today, while playing as my normal Wickerbottom character, I decided to make one.

Upon making it, I noticed, there was no cap taken off.

I had 110 from Tell-Tale Hearts and ended with 110 after making the Effigy.

So if only Wilson is affected by this, then a field of Meat Effigies could technically be put up for infinite, penalty free, re-spawn.

Steps to Reproduce: -Start server

-Have ability to craft Meat Effigy

-Check your current health

-Create Meat Effigy as anyone but Wilson(for me it was Wickerbottom so the others are not currently confirmed)

-Check health again

I just tested it as the host with every character, but nobody else seems to be on right now so I can't test the Telltale Heart part of it. I'm guessing that's necessary for meat effigy penalty to be ignored.

Not really. I just already had a cap from the Heart.

The Meat Effigy is supposed to give you a cap upon character creation.

So really, if you're not seeing any black in the health upon making an effigy, then it is broken.

Only our Wilson got an extra cap from making it, I never did.

If I get the chance to debug spawn the items in, I can try it again for myself.

But thank you for trying. That's telling me that it is broken and can be exploited like nuts. :\

@osmRhodey

No, so the expected behavior is that making an effigy makes you permanently lose 40 health, no way of getting it back. Same with being revived by a heart.

I did some thorough testing with other people today and we got different behavior. It's not an exploit, so I made my own post here. Basically, I found that you could have additional penalties applied if you got rezzed with a heart while other people had built meat effigies, but that using the effigies removed that penalty.

@osmRhodey

No, so the expected behavior is that making an effigy makes you permanently lose 40 health, no way of getting it back. Same with being revived by a heart.

I did some thorough testing with other people today and we got different behavior. It's not an exploit, so I made my own post here. Basically, I found that you could have additional penalties applied if you got rezzed with a heart while other people had built meat effigies, but that using the effigies removed that penalty.

Err... not exactly. You're supposed to get that health back when you use the effigy. I'd expect it'd be the same if someone else used your effigy. But what happened with us is when I (Wilson, who made the hairs with my face) built the effigy, I got the expected health penalty. When osmRhodey (Wickerbottom, who did not make the hairs with her face) built and did not get the expected health penalty. That's the issue, as you could just have Wilson grow the hair and then suddenly infinite meat effigies because there's no set back to them. 

Unless they changed it for Together, which why should one person permanently lose health to revive someone else? 

Going with what W said, it was a one character effect.

So, yes, it is technically an exploit.

If only person takes the health cap from effigies, then just have a different character make loads, no penalties, infinite revivals.

One Wilson, infinite beard hair, infinite meat effigies.

That's an exploit.

I had a cap on my health from having one Tell Tale Heart revival, but never got a cap from building an Effigy.

My friend had a few caps from a Heart revival and from making a Meat Effigy.

That's why this was reported.

Err... not exactly. You're supposed to get that health back when you use the effigy. I'd expect it'd be the same if someone else used your effigy. But what happened with us is when I (Wilson, who made the hairs with my face) built the effigy, I got the expected health penalty. When osmRhodey (Wickerbottom, who did not make the hairs with her face) built and did not get the expected health penalty. That's the issue, as you could just have Wilson grow the hair and then suddenly infinite meat effigies because there's no set back to them. 

Unless they changed it for Together, which why should one person permanently lose health to revive someone else?

I'm pretty sure SethR said that it was intentionally changed so that you don't get the health back from effigies, ever. Something I'm not happy about, but it's intended as far as I know.

Going with what W said, it was a one character effect.

So, yes, it is technically an exploit.

If only person takes the health cap from effigies, then just have a different character make loads, no penalties, infinite revivals.

One Wilson, infinite beard hair, infinite meat effigies.

That's an exploit.

I had a cap on my health from having one Tell Tale Heart revival, but never got a cap from building an Effigy.

My friend had a few caps from a Heart revival and from making a Meat Effigy.

That's why this was reported.

I wasn't arguing that what you reported wasn't an exploit. I was saying I failed to reproduce it and found some related bugs that weren't exploits (they actually had worse results).

I never had a scenario where I or anyone who joined my bugtest server didn't get a penalty upon building an effigy.

I'm pretty sure SethR said that it was intentionally changed so that you don't get the health back from effigies, ever. Something I'm not happy about, but it's intended as far as I know.

I wasn't arguing that what you reported wasn't an exploit. I was saying I failed to reproduce it and found some related bugs that weren't exploits (they actually had worse results).

I never had a scenario where I or anyone who joined my bugtest server didn't get a penalty upon building an effigy.

I was told they were changing it back but not sure if they did. 

Archived