Can I ask you, how does the durability of Heat Stone even deplete? I've seen some videos and it seemd pretty random :/

From what i read on the wiki, the losing durability of the stone is representing it expanding and contracting (hot/cold), causing it to crack

EDIT: ok i JUST saw that i was beat to the answer at the top of this page ----^

As any veteran will tell you, and as any veteran has been more than capable of telling Klei for a very long time, the rock investment for a (temporary) Thermal Stone is a bad allocation of resources, even with meteors.   Do yourself a favor and stop worrying about them.  Get yourself a Beefalo Hat.  You don't need more than that.  If you do, make yourself a nice vest. You can free up some inventory space to run around during winter without a backpack.  Better yet, use a mod that allows you to wear a backpack and vest at the same time, because it turns out people in the real world have no difficulty wearing both at once. 

You know, everyone says "Oh I'm a veteran, just use a beefalo hat!"

However, due to the swarming nature of beefalo combined with generic lag issues-couldn't even kite a werepig because he was attacking me before i could get close enough to get one attack in-getting horns for hats is a difficult task, and heat stones are a valuable space-saver when one needs to free up a head or body slot.

My two friends and I managed to survive winter using the generic winter hats and heat stones. It was a bit difficult, but heat stones are SUPER useful. The degradation is rather annoying though, as it probably means we'll have to gather more and more rocks for the next winter or whatever.

Archived