[Gameplay] - Invisible items

rezecib

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Invisible items

Issue Description: Sometimes items are placed somewhere on the server, but this doesn't propagate properly to the client. Ways I've had this happen:

Opened a chest, item suddenly disappeared from it. That slot could not be interacted with afterwards (I could place an item in, but a second later it would be back on my cursor).

Had an item given to me while my inventory was full. This caused an invisible item stuck on my cursor. I couldn't interact with my inventory or anything really, because the client would never send the drop item message because it didn't know it had an item. I had to reconnect, and upon doing so had nothing on my cursor.

I unfortunately do not have a log from when it happened, but I'm not sure the client was really aware of it anyway.

Steps to Reproduce: This is tricky. Probably opening and closing chests a lot could eventually do it, preferably with multiple people taking turns.

Also repeatedly giving each other items should probably produce it as well.

• Developer

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Invisible items

Issue Description: Sometimes items are placed somewhere on the server, but this doesn't propagate properly to the client. Ways I've had this happen:

Opened a chest, item suddenly disappeared from it. That slot could not be interacted with afterwards (I could place an item in, but a second later it would be back on my cursor).

Had an item given to me while my inventory was full. This caused an invisible item stuck on my cursor. I couldn't interact with my inventory or anything really, because the client would never send the drop item message because it didn't know it had an item. I had to reconnect, and upon doing so had nothing on my cursor.

I unfortunately do not have a log from when it happened, but I'm not sure the client was really aware of it anyway.

Steps to Reproduce: This is tricky. Probably opening and closing chests a lot could eventually do it, preferably with multiple people taking turns.

Also repeatedly giving each other items should probably produce it as well.

Thanks for the report! Just to clarify, was the chest a setpiece chest, or a chest that you'd built?

Archived