Where do I report bugs?

silk

EDITED BY COREY:

Hey guys, I'm going to close this thread since everyone is just kind of piling random issues up in here. It's really hard to keep track of it and it won't be very friendly or useful for new members who might be searching for fixes. If we didn't address your problem in here and the latest patch didn't fix it, please post a new issue.

If you find an issue, please search the forum and check our sticky posts before posting. If you can't find something that fits your issue please make a new issue, we'll help you out!

TIPS FOR POSTING A BUG:

When you make a new issue, try to have a descriptive title like "Bug - Game crashes when I open the map" or something. This will just help us and others keep track of issues and solutions for everyone.

Be descriptive in your report. Help us help you :)

Posting "The game crashed" is really hard to trouble shoot. Whenever possible, please include things like: PC hardware setup, if your drivers are up to date, if you can recreate the issue (it didn't just happen once), what exactly happened, any crash logs or errors you got.

Thanks everyone!

-Corey

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey there. So I'm just wondering whom I should contact if I want to report a bug.

I saw the "Contact" tab on the Klei website but it didn't really provide an e-mail or anything if you wanted to contact the developers.

Thanks.

Oh and by the way, really great game. I'm enjoying it alot!

Alright, thanks Corey.So, first off I think there might be a problem with the supplypoints where you can change your equipment. It seems that everytime you use it all your gear gets restocked, even if you don't switch any of the items.In theory I guess this can give you an unlimited amount of items if you just run back to it everytime you're out of gear, and so you can get alot more points than you probably should have been able to. (by for example killing every enemy with the upgraded terror darts) While I'm not a 100 % sure this is a bug it seems like it can be exploited.The second thing I noticed is that if you throw a dead body on the spiked floors in the later stages it will give you 600 points for "Indirect Kill", even though you have already killed the guard once. This does not seem to be working everytime however, it looks like you need to kill the guard either through getting an "Object Kill" or an "Indirect Kill", and then tossing the body on the spiked floor to get the extra "bugged points", but I am not exactly sure about this either.The third bug I have encountered was in one of the challenge rooms. I can't remember exactly which stage it was, but it was one of the later ones, in the desert area.You start out on the lower part of the room, on the left side, and then I believe you could either grapple yourself or climb on the ceiling to get over to the other side. Once you got there a lever is in front of you, and on the right side of it there's a door that's blocking you from getting to the scroll.If the lever is pulled the door to your right opens up and spikes start raining from the ceiling which make you still unable to get to the scroll. After a short while the spikes stop falling and the door closes again. All of this is intended, as you are supposed to climb up to the upper area of this challenge room and solve some kind of puzzle I think. The bug however, seems to be that if you pull the lever a second time, right before the spikes stop falling, the door somehow stays open and you are free to just run in and grab the scroll.I know alot of what I said was not very precise, but I hope that the information can be used to take a look at some of the problems at least!

I got a Bug...On the courier guard(the one you have to follow to a room and then you kill/steal him...to get a watch/radar)There is a moment where he enters a room with a dog and 1 other guy...if you get in there through the ventilation you reach a checkpoint...and if you die/reload you re-start from there...but when I did that, the courier started walking back...through the way he came...one time he went to the building door and went back...but on the other time he went back all the way...to the place where we first see himdon't know why...but always happened one of the above...either he went back until the door, or the entire stage...a second bug is similar to the one of "othiagocruz" but with me the guy was panicking(like, half the panic animation) then he turned and panicked again, then he turned again and the cycle continued...

I am having some trouble with using the 360 controller on the PC. Every time that I press "B" all it does is jump. This has stopped me from being able to hide at all and is very annoying. I was extremely excited this game has come to Steam (bought both Shanks, even own the first one on PSN as well) and now this game is virtually unplayable.

• MOTD

I am having some trouble with using the 360 controller on the PC. Every time that I press "B" all it does is jump. This has stopped me from being able to hide at all and is very annoying. I was extremely excited this game has come to Steam (bought both Shanks, even own the first one on PSN as well) and now this game is virtually unplayable.

Just curious, are you using a wireless or corded 360 controller? We play mostly with 360 controllers in the office and haven't come across this ourselves. Can you give us some specs on your system OS version?A few things you can try on your end:1) check that your controller drivers are up to date. If you have the official 360 controller, you might need to download the newest software: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support2) make sure nothing else that could possibly use controller inputs is running in the background (like Chrome). Since Chrome added gamepad support, some systems go a little nuts if it's running durring a game. Let me know! We'll try and figure something out for you.

• MOTD

I got a Bug...On the courier guard(the one you have to follow to a room and then you kill/steal him...to get a watch/radar)There is a moment where he enters a room with a dog and 1 other guy...if you get in there through the ventilation you reach a checkpoint...and if you die/reload you re-start from there...but when I did that, the courier started walking back...through the way he came...one time he went to the building door and went back...but on the other time he went back all the way...to the place where we first see himdon't know why...but always happened one of the above...either he went back until the door, or the entire stage...a second bug is similar to the one of "othiagocruz" but with me the guy was panicking(like, half the panic animation) then he turned and panicked again, then he turned again and the cycle continued...

These are some known issues we found and are looking into. We're in the process of trying to clear an update with Microsoft that would address these. Thanks for letting us know!

Just curious, are you using a wireless or corded 360 controller? We play mostly with 360 controllers in the office and haven't come across this ourselves. Can you give us some specs on your system OS version?A few things you can try on your end:1) check that your controller drivers are up to date. If you have the official 360 controller, you might need to download the newest software: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support2) make sure nothing else that could possibly use controller inputs is running in the background (like Chrome). Since Chrome added gamepad support, some systems go a little nuts if it's running durring a game. Let me know! We'll try and figure something out for you.

Thank you guys for the support! We figured it out on Steam's forum. I am using an official, wired 360 controller and my drivers are up to date nor was I using Chrome at the time.I unplugged the controller from my USB port and then started up the game. After it got to the title screen I plugged the controller in and everything worked great. I even exited the game and restarted it and everything is still working. Again, thank you very much for creating great games and giving great support!

• MOTD

Thank you guys for the support! We figured it out on Steam's forum. I am using an official, wired 360 controller and my drivers are up to date nor was I using Chrome at the time.I unplugged the controller from my USB port and then started up the game. After it got to the title screen I plugged the controller in and everything worked great. I even exited the game and restarted it and everything is still working. Again, thank you very much for creating great games and giving great support!

Awesome! Thanks for coming back and updating us on what solution worked for you. This will help others troubleshoot similar issues down the road. Glad you're all set now! Happy sneaky stabbing :)

I just noticed a bug too.I don't exactly remember in which level it was, but there were many lasers and it was definitely before the catacombs. I think it was the level with the most lasers to that point.There was a horizontal laser. You couldn't just jump over it, because there was a "bit of a wall" (I don't know how to describe it exactly) hanging from the ceiling. I jumped in there by accident (:D) and I got, just before my death, 600 points for an indirect kill. I know that I wasn't taking an enemy with me, so I must have triggered it. I tried a few times, and it worked for 3 times, then it wasn't reproducable anymore.I played with an XBOX360-Controller on a tower with Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit, my Graphics Card is an nVidia GeForce GTX 470. The game was normally launched using Steam and it only had normal privileges (Even though that definitely shouldn't be able to affect it). If you need any more information, no problem.But everything else works just fine! I didn't notice any single other bug. Congratz for such a bugfree, awesome game! Waaaay to uncommon in these days.

• MOTD

Hey guys, I'm going to close this thread since everyone is just kind of piling random issues up in here. It's really hard to keep track of it and it won't be very friendly or useful for new members who might be searching for fixes. If we didn't address your problem in here and the latest patch didn't fix it, please post a new issue.

If you find an issue, please search the forum and check our sticky posts before posting. If you can't find something that fits your issue please make a new issue, we'll help you out!

TIPS FOR POSTING A BUG:

When you make a new issue, try to have a descriptive title like "Bug - Game crashes when I open the map" or something. This will just help us and others keep track of issues and solutions for everyone.

Be descriptive in your report. Help us help you :)

Posting "The game crashed" is really hard to trouble shoot. Whenever possible, please include things like: PC hardware setup, if your drivers are up to date, if you can recreate the issue (it didn't just happen once), what exactly happened, any crash logs or errors you got.

Thanks everyone!