about death, DST

as far as i know death in DST makes you permanently lose hp and sanity . and that would prove really annoying if lets say you die in day 4 by mistake and then survive till day 100 or something . you couldnt go exploring and do all the "late game stuff" properly , so i was thinking of something like this : after 30/50 days without death you get part of your max hp/sanity back

Actually, they recently changed it. Now you become a ghost again, and you can be revived by all the normal means as well as a new item called the Tell-tale Heart. It takes 40 HP and 5 grass to craft which you can then "give" to a ghost to revive them, and whoever it revives has I 33%(?) less of the max health they should have. Meat Effigies also don't seem to give back the lost health like they normally would, even for the builder. I think only the builder loses max health if it's a Meat Effigy however. They don't seem very decicive.

Before this change though, you only lost max health, not sanity. Also, yes, that's correct. It WOULD be irritating, which drives you to try to take as little risks as you can early on. It was simply a penalty for death.

Actually, they recently changed it. Now you become a ghost again, and you can be revived by all the normal means as well as a new item called the Tell-tale Heart. It takes 40 HP and 5 grass to craft which you can then "give" to a ghost to revive them, and whoever it revives has I 33%(?) less of the max health they should have. Meat Effigies also don't seem to give back the lost health like they normally would, even for the builder. I think only the builder loses max health if it's a Meat Effigy however. They don't seem very decicive.

Before this change though, you only lost max health, not sanity. Also, yes, that's correct. It WOULD be irritating, which drives you to try to take as little risks as you can early on. It was simply a penalty for death.

All correct. And if you are in beta, share your experiences on this so it can be adjusted (or kept) appropriately. 

All correct. And if you are in beta, share your experiences on this so it can be adjusted (or kept) appropriately. 

Thanks. And I wish I was.

Not even kidding, I didn't play the beta of the original game because I assumed Don't Starve was some sort of business simulator similar to Papers, please where you had to make sure you and your family didn't starve or something. Little did I know how much this would effect me later.

I also don't post too often, so that's a factor I guess.

Archived