Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

~Matt

Plans on Linux compatibility?

~Matt    402

I've been using Ubuntu recently (SO. IN. LOVE.), and I'd like to know how are the plans on getting DST to that platform.

(Do not worry, Joe. I still have access to Doors, and also Windows, so I'll be able to provide feedback <3 )

rezecib    3,142

What platforms are supported?

For now, the Don’t Starve Together will only be available through Steam on PC. It is unclear at this point when or if this will change during beta. We are doing this to focus our efforts on development rather than maintaining separate builds. We will announce support for new platforms as they become available.

Based on that, I'd guess Linux will probably not happen during the beta, but is going to come at some point.

tetrified    166

I've been using Ubuntu recently (SO. IN. LOVE.), and I'd like to know how are the plans on getting DST to that platform.

(Do not worry, Joe. I still have access to Doors, and also Windows, so I'll be able to provide feedback <3 )

You should be able to wine it.

EDIT: I'd test that myself if I ever manage to get a key

~Matt    402

You should be able to wine it.

EDIT: I'd test that myself if I ever manage to get a key

I use Wine, but the Linux Steam isn't very nice and doesn't let you install non-Linux games.

tetrified    166

I use Wine, but the Linux Steam isn't very nice and doesn't let you install non-Linux games.

Surely there's a way around it, I'll have to look around I guess

rezecib    3,142

From my brushes with the Mac porting community, I think you can actually install Steam into a Wine wrapper and install it that way. You can also install it on a Windows computer/drive, then copy the files over to your Linux drive and use Wine, I believe.

~Matt    402

From my brushes with the Mac porting community, I think you can actually install Steam into a Wine wrapper and install it that way. You can also install it on a Windows computer/drive, then copy the files over to your Linux drive and use Wine, I believe.

I'll be trying that, thanks (:

Pyromailmann    2,991

If it's compatible on Windows -> Compatible on Mac -> Compatible on Linux

It's going to be some time if it's not compatible right away.