Need help with "fanfic/comic

Okay, i want to make a don´t starve comic. I just have some troubles figuring some stuff out.

I want to make a comic about Wilson and Maxwell, kind of working together to get out

Here is my idea:

Wilson is experimenting with nightmare fuel, in the alchemy lab, but when he adds the fuel, a shadow monster chases it, going through his body in the progress. The lab explodes, and Wilson is blasted a few meters away. He wakes up to discover he has no injuries from the explosion. Before he can do anything else, shadow hands appear from below, dragging him underground. 

We find out that Maxwell took him.  Maxwell explains that he saw it all, and that the shadow somehow fused with Wilson, and are now trapped inside of him (Wilson at this point, have gotten a darker look, because of the shadow). The shadow will try to take over Wilson’s body, especially when his sanity is low - Wilson will have to fight it constantly, which is difficult - it makes his thoughts and actions more "dark". 

Now here comes the part i need help with - I want Wilson to release Maxwell somehow, but i don’t want Maxwell to die. I want him to stay with Wilson, helping finding a way out. My though is that Wilson can´t take the throne because of the shadow inside of him. with the shadow, there are no space left for them (the daemons) in his body. I was thinking that if he released Maxwell he wouldn’t die, because there is no one to take over the throne, but the question is, would Maxwell even be allowed free?

One last thing - Maxwell is trying to trick Wilson into finding pages from the shadow book that brought Maxwell there in the first place. Maxwell, aren’t allowed to touch the book, as he is part daemon, but Wilson isn’t daemon. He tells Wilson that with the whole book, they can go home, but that is a lie. Only Maxwell can return with the book - Wilson can´t - If Maxwell travels trough the book back home, the world would fall apart, because Maxwell (the creator) is no longer there. 

I really like the idea of Wilson and Maxwell working together, not as friends, but with their differences set aside - also the whole idea of Wilson trying to keep sane, and trying to understand Maxwell’s actions.

Does it make any sense? What are your thoughts? Should i go with it or come up with something completely different? 

I have linked some concept art i made :) What do you think?

post-464320-0-10336200-1412278188_thumb.

• Like 2

That's some really great art! I hope you find an answer to your problem so I can read some of your comics.

Anyway, here's the best I can come up with.

You said Wilson got fused with a shadow creature, right? So perhaps grant Wilson the ability to "fly under the radar" so to speak, so that They suspect nothing when Wilson goes to rescue Max, only seeing one of their shadowy beasts and before they know it, whoosh, Puppeteer is gone. This probably adds another element to the comic in which Wilson and Max are trying to escape from Them, who hunt the puppets. I hope this helps somehow. Good luck!
  • Like 1

OH my god i love the ideas so far - thank you SO much! really made my day :) it´s great to have someone taking the time to answer your questions :) - if you have anything else to add, please let me know :) think i´ll start writing the script soon :)

So how about this: Wilson makes a dummy that fools the throne, allowing him to free Maxwell. Wilson used both his - and Maxwell’s hair to make the dummy, somehow connecting them to the throne - this allow them to use some of the abilities the throne gives (shadow hands, along with a lot of other cool powers), without being controlled by it. They are still somehow bound to the throne because they used their own hair (they had too, nothing else would fool the daemons), and now have to find a way out of the world. Meanwhile the shadow inside Wilson is taking more and more control of him - Maxwell can slow the process, but not entirely, making Wilson depending on him.

this is just the thoughs i get by reading your comments ;)

So how about this: Wilson makes a dummy that fools the throne, allowing him to free Maxwell. Wilson used both his - and Maxwell’s hair to make the dummy, somehow connecting them to the throne - this allow them to use some of the abilities the throne gives (shadow hands, along with a lot of other cool powers), without being controlled by it. They are still somehow bound to the throne because they used their own hair (they had too, nothing else would fool the daemons), and now have to find a way out of the world. Meanwhile the shadow inside Wilson is taking more and more control of him - Maxwell can slow the process, but not entirely, making Wilson depending on him.

this is just the thoughs i get by reading your comments ;)

Make Wilson use his overly manly beardhair

• Like 1