Some fun at the table

AdamTheGamer

Hello there, happy human people of he DS forums! i was pretty bored, so i thought about what to do. "screw it" i said. "Let's make a roleplay."

"Hello, there, and welcome to my table. We are all gathred here, to do a lovely session of an old dusty game i found under my shadowy throne. It has a story book and character sheets and everything! If you'd wish to join me here, at my table (Finest living log on the island), We might have a few hours of fun before heading out into the Wilderness. I'll start the story after We have a few people joining us here an the table. anyone up for froggle bunwich? I'll order some if you want!"

So, a few rules:

1. Make your character believable.

If you intend on applying, Make sure your character is enough for a character. nothing complicated, no 3-4 sencance backstory, Just enough to get by.

2. standard rules of roleplay

No godmoding, powerplaying and such. you kow the drill.

3. you can die.

If your character dies, You will be off the list of charactes. You may reapply as a different character. Should you not want to, or someone took the slot before you could apply again, you may still stay here and watch/ read.

4.Only write when it's your turn, and slots.

there will be 4 character slots. ifyou die, you'll be off the roster. you may reapply, and then you're back. you may still stay here and read on if you don't feel like it, or someone took the spot.

5.a little on how you write 

If you wish to say something out-roleplay, say it like this

(Wow what a fancy roleplay).

You should write like you're writing a bok, or a short story.

so actions aren't *Picks up* and talking is "Hey guys, i found flint!"

character sheet:

Name:

Abillities:

Backstory:

Starter weapon:

Current characters:

• MenaAthena - Wilhelmina
  • Blewcheese - Claudius
  • Geni0529 - Sylvia
  • (Empty)

(Character will act and speak in the order as they're listed. as soon as we have some people joined in, we may begin! I'll be the "DM" Guy. I made a RP tread like this in the past. Oh well, on with it!)

Please apply if you're interested.

:-)

Edited by AdamTheGamer

(Would this character be acceptable?

Name: Wilhelmina 

Abilities: Wind magic. Knows her way around a knife fight. As a very high pain tolerance, I mean like, get stabbed in the back and not notice until she tries to lie down high. However, because of this, a lot of times she won't notice her wounds or how bad they are until she's about to pass out from blood loss. She's also not the most, uh, mentally sound.

Backstory: I would rather reveal her backstory through player interaction if that's okay with you. I will say, however, that she hasn't had a very good childhood and she's live a lot of her life on the streets. 

Starter weapon: A small rusty dagger with a leather covered handle. This isn't a weapon, but she does have a sketch book and some pencils on her.)

(Would this character be acceptable?

Name: Wilhelmina 

Abilities: Wind magic. Knows her way around a knife fight. As a very high pain tolerance, I mean like, get stabbed in the back and not notice until she tries to lie down high. However, because of this, a lot of times she won't notice her wounds or how bad they are until she's about to pass out from blood loss. She's also not the most, uh, mentally sound.

Backstory: I would rather reveal her backstory through player interaction if that's okay with you. I will say, however, that she hasn't had a very good childhood and she's live a lot of her life on the streets. 

Starter weapon: A small rusty dagger with a leather covered handle. This isn't a weapon, but she does have a sketch book and some pencils on her.)

Yeah, that's cool! You're in!

This is a RP that's not the most serious, so a not so mentally sound person fits fine. I'll kick off the story as soon as we have, let's say, 2 more.

Yeah, I'm not sure now is a good time to start an rp. Blew is busy with school. Battal is gone, and Quiet is only staying long enough to finish the rps Battal was in. Dwer doesn't look interested in this one. I think Geni might be getting discouraged about roleplaying. And there really isn't very many other people on the forums that roleplay.

You saying that, mena, has forced my hand. I'll have you know I was in all the roleplays once upon a time. It was really tough, actually.

Name: Claudius

Abilities:

Skilled swordsman - He's good with a sword.

Heavily armored - He's, you guessed it, heavily armored. 

Praise to the light! - He has the ability to strengthen his blade with light at the cost of his stamina.

Disadvantages:

Heavy - Oh gee, I wonder what this one is. His armor weighs him down, so he can't swim, or jump, or climb.

Robot syndrome - He's hurt in the rain due to something in the backstory.

Backstory:

Claudius was the son of two very powerful swordsmen. He was born in a medieval era in a world plagued with dark magic. This dark magic, unfortunately, had been setting out to destroy humankind for centuries. At the head of this darkness was Shatter, a horrifically evil being who ripped the souls from his victims and made them his mindless slaves known as the Soulless. The tide of war was turning on the humans. Claudius had been born to be the hero of this war, and he filled the role nicely. He was valiant and kind, and definitely powerful with his two handed greatsword. Things went downhill, however, when his parents were added to Shatter's army. Filled with a need for vengeance, Claudius set off on his own to destroy Shatter, ignorant to the fact that it was certain death. Only his head returned to the kingdom as a "present" from Shatter. His soul, mysteriously, had remained bound to his body-less body. A voice rang out in his dying consciousness, promising him a chance to fight on, to be reincarnated in a new realm. Unwilling to fall into the cold jaws of death, Claudius accepted. Thus, he found himself on the Islands, with a new body made entirely of cogs and metal, which lay behind his suit of armor. He vowed not to allow anyone to know what lay beneath his armor, thus he never took it off.

Starter weapon: His broadsword and armor.

(Funny, I used the same character in your other RP.)

(Allrighty!)

As you appear at the wormhole station, the two of you go out of it. you're now in the vilage of "Main village" (original name, i know.). Most buildings are for sale, but 4 of the 7 houses are available:

1. The inn "Inn. nuff said"
  2. The balackmith "Weapins and such- Rapirs and upgrades"
  3. The shop "Buy from me if ou wanna live"
  4. The mayor's office.

You may choose where to go now.