RoG

naimo

error on update -_-

C:\Users\Nimrod\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\bin\dontstarve.exe failed hash validation even after update
ABORTED
File "<string>", line 1546, in <module>
File "c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_DLC_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 8010, in MainLoop
File "c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_DLC_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 7306, in MainLoop
File "<string>", line 913, in OnUpdateComplete
File "<string>", line 1009, in ShowError
FileHashChecker( C:\Users\Nimrod\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\bin\dontstarve.exe ): C:\Users\Nimrod\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\bin\dontstarve.exe has hash d19b1cf720d4acc2417180512e3dd276 but expected 3b6fecc282c4c4fe89a3c19a78a17d91
Finished!

then i tried to find the specified folder and i found this.. 

"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. check your comptuers system information to see whether you need and x86(32-bit) or x64(64bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher"

* i have an 64bit windows 7 os... BUT i see a folder that is named PROGRAM FILES x86 in my Local Disk... but my os is 64 should it be x64 i

Land branch and land loop refer to the island generation.

Branch should be a central plot of land with biome coming off it. Like branches off a tree.

Loop should be connecting biomes that sort of make spiral. Maybe a few branches but for the most part, you'd have to go thru one biome to get to the other.

The withered Bush with smoke coming from it is wildfires. Off or on the plants will still wither in the intense heat!

* i have an 64bit windows 7 os... BUT i see a folder that is named PROGRAM FILES x86 in my Local Disk... but my os is 64 should it be x64 i

The x86 means you have 32bit and 64bit os files. Windows did that for whatever reason.

Have you been able to update the game successful yet?

If you haven't, I would suggest uninstalling the game, deleting it (save files will be ok) then redownloading it. This way you'll be up to date and you can run the updater every so often just to double check if there's an update. If you stick around the forums, Klei usually posts when there's an update or someone else will post a question about it so either way you'll get an idea there's an update or one is coming.

Well, I hope that there will be more updates, even though I feel like I can barely figure out the game as it is. It's such a fun title, I'd just feel sad if it didn't continue to grow.

There's a few bug fixes that should be coming at some point after DST becomes public. Rocky, rotting crock pot food... So expect at least one more.

Hopefully after DST and the bug fix, the awesome minds at Klei will think up some more devious challenges and monsters and add to the game. More recipes would be great. Especially for walrus tusks and stingers!

Archived