[Character]Woad the Flowerchild(beta)

XopherPM

Hello Klei forums! I've been working on my first character mod for Don't Starve, and I would love some feedback from y'all.

First of all the links:

Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317645719&searchtext=

Klei:http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/905-woad/

A quick disclaimer: The animation is adapted from Wendy's animations. The code is built on Ipsquiggle's template character. I borrowed several bits of code from VoidPointer's Whimsy the Goth character.

A few screenshots:

post-461494-0-95008000-1412342388_thumb.post-461494-0-05879600-1412342371_thumb.post-461494-0-86810200-1412342361_thumb.post-461494-0-18009000-1412342350_thumb.

A video:

I made Woad with the intention of creating a more challenging character. This is my first mod for Don't Starve, so I welcome any and all feedback! I am not only new to Don't Starve modding, but lua in general, so I'm sure most of the code can be improved. I have not tested this with other mods, so please post any  conflicts.

Summary:
Woad is a vegan, but is known to make exceptions for sweets. She also doesn't mind old food.
Woad is a pacifist, and is a bit weak if she has to fight. She hates seeing animals and trees killed.
Woad distrusts science, but is comfortable in nature.
Woad really loves flowers!

Details:

As this is a beta version all the numbers are subject to tweaking, but currently her stats are as follows:

Hunger: 100
Health: 100
Sanity: 120

Damage: -25%
Calories burned: +25%
Negative aura sanity loss: -50%
Night sanity loss: -25%

Woad will only eat veggies, seeds, and certain meals from the crockpot.
Woad's bleeding heart will hurt her sanity, and sometimes health, when she kills things, or even witnesses something getting killed. She will also lose sanity when trees are destroyed.
Flowers have a small sanity aura for Woad, however picking them will give slightly less sanity than normal. Woad even loves evil flowers, gaining a bit less sanity from them than regular flowers. Planting flowers (butterflies) and pinecones will give a small boost to her sanity.
Science machines have a negative sanity aura for Woad, and learning things will actually drop her sanity a bit.
Some items have a different dapperness for Woad. Of note the garland gives much more dapperness, and most weapons give a negative to her dapperness.

To do:

Finish speech strings.
Clean up some artwork.
Tuning.
Possibly decrease cold resistance and/or increase heat resistance.
A possible character item to help Woad survive.

So, yeah. Thanks for checking this out and I look forward to any feedback if anyone feels inclined.

edit-updated to reflect the current version.

I've already made a couple changes, since I can't edit my post I'll just list them here:

Reduced bleeding heart effect for insects.
Increased sanity night drain multiplier from .5 to .75
Increased negative aura for research labs to compensate for Woad's innate reduction.
Decreased the sanity aura of flowers.
Increased the sanity penalty of destroying trees by 1.
Added medium negative aura to livingtrees.
Fixed some typos.
Updated mod description.
Changed some speech strings.
Changed some art.

She is pretty awesome! I live in what is surely the hippy capital of the U.S, and give my seal of approval.

It would be pretty cool if she got a sanity boost from farming, or if farms grew slightly faster for her. Hippies frickin' LOVE their farming! It is like a sport here.

Archived