Pet/Animal Management

Wouldn't it be useful to have some kind of pet whistle to call off your animals from an attack? Or rope a beefalo to bring it home? Leave your opinion below. I myself have lost many a small bird to were-pigs, tall birds and hounds.

Wouldn't it be useful to have some kind of pet whistle to call off your animals from an attack? Or rope a beefalo to bring it home? Leave your opinion below. I myself have lost many a small bird to were-pigs, tall birds and hounds.

Ah! Quit stealing my suggestions and/or reading my mind! :p

Agreed, as I made a similar suggestion in another thread on an item that would cause the pet hound, smallbird, or baby beefalo to stop attacking and instead follow you. This might help save many smallbird lives... especially should they add more pets (i.e. hound/baby beefalo):)

Here's a thought for if they add more pets. You can't have them all at the same time. If you have a Tamed Hound, it will try to kill and eat Small Birds and Baby Beefalo since they'd be seen as prey animals. Small Birds would have that protective/territorial mindset of the Tall Bird and would attack to "defend you," you'd be seen as their territory and such the Hound and B.Beefalo would be threats (or they're competing for your love.) The Baby Beefalo I imagine would be pretty chill until attacked, maybe protective as well.

As for the main point of the thread, while I saw it as not needed for the game (to make it harder,) after getting some Small Birds for the first time and sadly watched as they attacked tentacles and tree guards after mouse-click/space mishaps (and another incident where a spider attacked one and they all disappeared into the darkness and never came back) I think a whistle of sorts would be a good addition.

Additionally, besides calling your pet back (obviously) it should also have a secondary effect on certain creatures, maybe a whistle specific monster that spawns after you use it too many times (waking it from it's slumber? Or the whistle sounds like another of it's species? A sickly one? A young member of the species? It travels in groups and is looking for a missing member? I'm just puking up ideas now.)

Edited by jujubomber
Formatting error