Optional Group Spawns for friends or new players?

I've been thinking about this idea for quite a while, and have finally made an account on here so I can ask you people's opinions on the idea, but what if it was possible to spawn in a group, or randomly (normally)? I myself have someone who has never played Don't Starve before who may try Don't Starve Together, and with how extreme the learning curve is on this game, I don't really want to just leave her out on her own and hope we find each other. Could there maybe be an option in the world creation options to spawn players in the same area? If so, would that apply to only friends, or everyone in the world?

I've been thinking about this idea for quite a while, and have finally made an account on here so I can ask you people's opinions on the idea, but what if it was possible to spawn in a group, or randomly (normally)? I myself have someone who has never played Don't Starve before who may try Don't Starve Together, and with how extreme the learning curve is on this game, I don't really want to just leave her out on her own and hope we find each other. Could there maybe be an option in the world creation options to spawn players in the same area? If so, would that apply to only friends, or everyone in the world?

Welcome to Klei's forums strydevex

Here's what we know on the player end so far:

Originally, people all spawned together, but the PvP...shenanigans made them spawn people apart.

It's been mentioned many times but not outright confirmed, that we could have spawning location (close together or far if you will) as an option in the game world settings by the game server admin player.

Welcome to Klei's forums strydevex

Here's what we know on the player end so far:

Originally, people all spawned together, but the PvP...shenanigans made them spawn people apart.

It's been mentioned many times but not outright confirmed, that we could have spawning location (close together or far if you will) as an option in the game world settings by the game server admin player.

How come he gets an explanation and I get "read the first post of every pinned thread" *throws bunnies in anger*

How come he gets an explanation and I get "read the first post of every pinned thread" *throws bunnies in anger*

Maybe people are being kind to me because I'm new here, not sure, but I apologize, I will try to avoid your bunnies of anger if possible

It's not appropriate for me to respond in another person's thread PigRider. And make sure you welcome our new arrival too!

Welcome :"D (scout smile)

Maybe people are being kind to me because I'm new here, not sure, but I apologize, I will try to avoid your bunnies of anger if possible

I have 20 years of experience in throwing bunnies, not possible.

Welcome new member! I agree with this. But the radius will potentially be something else that'll take thinking (group/friend waypoints would be cool!) And the radius would have to be something ballanced (I think 4-5 screens away sounds reasonable) and it seems like Pigrider isn't a good person to get on his' bad side!

Better keep all my rabbits safely away from him!

Welcome new member! I agree with this. But the radius will potentially be something else that'll take thinking (group/friend waypoints would be cool!) And the radius would have to be something ballanced (I think 4-5 screens away sounds reasonable) and it seems like Pigrider isn't a good person to get on his' bad side!

Better keep all my rabbits safely away from him!

Thank you for the welcome ^.^ And I think the radius idea would work fairly well, I'd just like the option to spawn somewhat close, because as I said, I have a friend who has never even touched the game before, and it would be pretty cruel to hope she survived on her own as we searched for each other. Some sort of radius, way to find each other, like a divining rod of sorts, or maybe just spawning in one area (if you select the option to do so)

Archived