PvP discussion

So I was thinking about this, and I wondered what we could do for PvP. Hundreds of times when I played minecraft mayhem servers, I ALWAYS got killed by some guy who was there longer more experienced and had Diamond armor, killed me in less that five seconds, and stole all my stuff. So I was thinking this.

"Can Don't starve be something different from minecraft PvP?"

There are Plenty of Ways to kill something in don't starve without Direct combat, such as Setting a fire, a trap, using a sleep dart, or being able to leave all together. So what do all you think?

I don't think the Don't Starve combat mechanics are responsive enough for direct pvp. For instance there is no button to press to use a skill or attack as in an action rts like Diablo or LoL. Setting traps would be cool but a player would have to be pretty dumb to fall for any of the current ones so they would have to be invisible to others for starters.

Honestly the game would have to be redesigned from the bottom up for PvP as opposed to PvE. It might be closer with DST, maybe eventually there will be an addon to the addon that opens the field up for player mod arena combat / base defense type stuff. Sounds like a pretty ambitious project.

Archived