Reputation Calculation

Hi everyone,

So I took a quick look around the forum, didn't really find much on how reputation is calculated. I did some testing of my own, just to share my experience:

How Reputation is Earned:

1. Turning in Cultural Relics
  2. Turning in Corporate Intelligence
  3. Turning in Valuable Technology

How it is Calculated:

1. Cultural Relic (Tooltip says 150 Reputation)
    • Easy Mode (x1), Normal Mode (x3)
  2. Corporate Intelligence (Tooltip says 600 Reputation)
    • Same as above.
  3. Valuable Technology (No tooltip - Should be 150 Reputation)
  • I'm assuming it's the same too. Anyone who can verify on easy mode?

So for example: on normal mode, if you complete a vault mission with 2 relics and 2 CIs, your total reputation gained should be:

[(150 x 2) + (600 x 2)] x 3 = 4500 Reputation

Valuable Technology is found on FTM levels, and is worth 450 reputation on Normal Mode (tested twice).

What does not affect it:

• Killing guards
  • Hacking consoles
  • Saving prisoners
  • Guarded Level
  • X number of days played
  • Completing missions with X number of agents

Basically CR, CI, VT and Difficulty only affect reputation.

Feel free to jump in if you've observed anything else!

EDIT: Added Valuable Technology. Had a blast with that one!

Doesn't it make more sense that your reputation should go down when you kill and go up when you save prisoners?

It does to me.

Yeah, something like that will eventually have to happen to involve the reputation (and thus the score) more deeply in the decision-making process. Didn't they mention that scoring will be changed in the future in a Dev Cast already? Because right now it's really tempting (and arguably just "better") to just not care about score, because caring for it makes for an at times pretty awkward game. Thus the score should either not exist or it has to be infused with a lot more importance and meaning. If there's a score, playing for score should be the most interesting way to play the game.

Doesn't it make more sense that your reputation should go down when you kill and go up when you save prisoners?

It does to me.

Doesn't reputation seem a little odd in general anyway?

As an espionate group, don't you want people to NOT know of you?

I mean, guards being like "Gee, I hope Incognita doesn't rob us today..." can't be very beneficial!

(Assumeing Incognita is the company's name. I have no idea what else would be.)

I'm not sure enemy generation is done currently, but it could be interesting if the Corporations changed security based on the frequency of things:

For example if you went around killing everyone, they would all switch to automated security (more turrets, more attack drones) to keep down insurance costs or have guards patrol in groups.

Likewise if you kept evading detection, they would start deploying more cameras, sound traps, infra-red gates and camera drones.

I'm not sure enemy generation is done currently, but it could be interesting if the Corporations changed security based on the frequency of things: For example if you went around killing everyone, they would all switch to automated security (more turrets, more attack drones) to keep down insurance costs or have guards patrol in groups. Likewise if you kept evading detection, they would start deploying more cameras, sound traps, infra-red gates and camera drones.

Well since turrets are easier to avoid than cameras and are basically useless besides killing enemies for you, I doubt that that's gonna help.

Well since turrets are easier to avoid than cameras and are basically useless besides killing enemies for you, I doubt that that's gonna help.

Perhaps unhackable turrets, higher firewalls or slapping deaemons on them more consistantly?

Archived