Making the game a bit faster via console?

2mg

Hi,

is it possible to make the game to run at 115% speed?

I really hate starting new worlds and doing the boring gather/explore before you settle routine.

PS: I know about Default+, that's not the same.

You can skip days using either method explained on the don't starve wiki under console/commands (I recommend not to use most of the others, as they are excessively complicated and there are "c_" commands for most of those).

If I recall correctly, one method only increases the day counter, whereas the other calculates spider den growth, spoilage, time until next hound wave, etc.

I don't know if you can "speed" the game up the way you mean it.

Hi,

is it possible to make the game to run at 115% speed?

I really hate starting new worlds and doing the boring gather/explore before you settle routine.

PS: I know about Default+, that's not the same.

No, at least not through the console if there is a way.

What you can do through the console  under World Commands is skip segments or even entire days if you wish, with corresponding health/hunger/sanity affected as if the time was spend normally.

Respectfully, this is cheating, but it at least will "skip the boring parts" as you asked. Speeding up the game no matter how you do it still won't help you find new stuff needed to survive of course.

If you don't find basic resources, you'll still fail no matter how fast the days go by, and short of customized worlds, the new more extreme season happens 21 days in, with warnings several days or nights before the formal start of the season punctuated by burning or freezing. 

Archived