The New Daemon (Spoiler?)

Labyrinth:

-1AP to all agents for a number of turns.

Kind of annoying, but that's the point of daemons so I guess that makes it a good one. Although I'm not sure why a hacking countermeasure would effect your flesh and blood agents, perhaps it adds feedback or interference to comms so you can't direct them so well.

Yeah I can see that the game isn't trying to be realistic or even make common sense. It's just a board game with rules you must discover by trial and error. Take a 2 tile object (like glass), you wouldn't think you could hide behind that but you can. But try to move from one tile to the other still behind this magic glass and your spotted. Rule #183 now discovered, doesn't make any sense but now must be remembered and followed. A door takes no action points to close but do so on the same side as an enemy that is overwatching you and that counts as movement and now your on the floor. Rule #184 now discovered. 

I still love this game but its a tough love. Wish there was some instructions to tell you some of the rules. 

Yeah I can see that the game isn't trying to be realistic or even make common sense. It's just a board game with rules you must discover by trial and error. Take a 2 tile object (like glass), you wouldn't think you could hide behind that but you can. But try to move from one tile to the other still behind this magic glass and your spotted. Rule #183 now discovered, doesn't make any sense but now must be remembered and followed. A door takes no action points to close but do so on the same side as an enemy that is overwatching you and that counts as movement and now your on the floor. Rule #184 now discovered. 

I still love this game but its a tough love. Wish there was some instructions to tell you some of the rules. 

Overwatch proccs when you take an action.

Closing a door is an action, it just happens to be free.

Invisinc is a rather simple game, it really takes just some logical thinking and maybe some experience in tile-based games, preferably Xcom but many others would do. I think the problem most players have is that instead of learning from mistakes, people love to just call beefalomanure and yell at the game. It took me around 3 or 4 runs to figure out the game, not even beating two levels, usually. And now, 7 hours in, I already "beat the game".

On-topic though: I assume it interferes with the signal to the operator. If it takes longer for the operator to issue commands, it'll take longer for the agents to move. But then I find the name a bit unfitting.

Overwatch proccs when you take an action.

Closing a door is an action, it just happens to be free.

Invisinc is a rather simple game, it really takes just some logical thinking and maybe some experience in tile-based games, preferably Xcom but many others would do. I think the problem most players have is that instead of learning from mistakes, people love to just call beefalomanure and yell at the game. It took me around 3 or 4 runs to figure out the game, not even beating two levels, usually. And now, 7 hours in, I already "beat the game".

On-topic though: I assume it interferes with the signal to the operator. If it takes longer for the operator to issue commands, it'll take longer for the agents to move. But then I find the name a bit unfitting.

Sure closing a door is movement, the operator is experiencing interference, the glass wall has edges you can hide behind. We can use our imagination to justify anything but my point is it is not intuitive on your first play through. Given the experiences you've learned so far then logically this action should/shouldn't work. It doesn't make sense to me anyways.

I believe most players do learn from their mistakes, otherwise they would keep making them making the game un-fun and no longer play the game. When people get mad (yell at the game) they rarely blame themselves, that is true of all things un-game related as well. 

I have "beat the game" twice already but by no means do I feel I have mastered the game. Learning all its rules and nuances will take time and I may gripe about them from time to time. I'm glad you have figured out the game already, it will take me a little longer. I too love tile based games and have put in countless hours on Enemy Unknown and my personal fav Jagged Alliance 2.

I love this game too.

On topic though: Yes that new Daemon is annoying. Daemons are my most hated thing in this game (don't take them out of the game). I like the new ability to remove a Daemon but it is a high price. Would I rather see what the Daemon is or use that slot to remove them. Choices, choices.  

Archived