Science for the Science God

vanquishbhp

Fun fact: Gadolinium heats up in a magnetic field, but gets very cold afterwards. They use this effect repeatedly to make a cryocooler. :grin:

I was trying to figure this one out.

The part i didn't get at first is:

After the magnetic field activates causing it to change to a forced new alignment (and change magnetic direction or induced magnetism,) this causes the state of the material to go really slow (or lowered entropy.)

The lessened activity's release of shedded heat is absorbed using  a heat sink  This sink is disengaged once that shedded heat is absorbed, and the field is turned off, leaving it in this "lowered entropy" or very cold state. 

Of course making this happen at "room temperature" is a whole other problem, why cryogenics and such need to be done for stuff like this and extreme cold for superconductors.

But one day we'll figure this out and "cold fusion" difficulties. 

Scientists have recently created a new type of genetic encoding. They call it XNA, and they are planning to experiment on creating life with it.

DNA is obsolete, upgrade now!

If it comes with superpowers, I'm going immediately to the nearest Aperture Science Research Center and insist on them using me as a test subject. Unless the test involves preying manti. We all know how that turns out.

In other news, someone made a hologram of a cat using entangled photons.

post-276191-0-79305400-1439834611_thumb.

Archived