All Greed, All the Time?

I've found that I extremely rarely leave a level before I've got everything, and never leave before doing the thing I came to do (rob vault, rescue prisoner, etc), it's as much a matter of pride as making sure I stay on top of the difficulty curve. It can get extremely tricky at the later alarm levels but it's never impossible.

It's meant the end of a lot of good runs but I never really regret not leaving earlier, I'd regret more feeling like the benefits from the previous level would have really helped if I hadn't left before grabbing them.

Anyone regularly leaving early?

I'm just as greedy. I must loot every safe and guard before I leave a mission. I think only once have I ever left a mission early, and that was because the last safe was currently in a room with five hunting guards, and I already had 3500+ credits. This has put me in some bad situations, but it seems only rarely can I not deal with it fine. There is an off chance that things get really bad and I have to start shooting and retreat to another room, and return to the safe later. Alarm level gets high late game often but adding 1-3 more guards over these huge maps doesn't really trouble me much. Not saying I haven't gotten into a bad spot before though (wish I had a screen shot but there was a situation where my agent was one tile away from reviving my other agent and six guards busted in from all around her and went on overwatch from every angle ).

On guards sometimes I'll find ammo or med gel, and sometimes a safe can net almost 1000 credits (credits found + corporate intelligence) which makes checking and grabbing everything more than worth the risk in my opinion.

The first mission I did pretty good money wise. In the next one Deckard died so I high tailed it out of there. I beat the 2 next missions with Internationale and I'm still going although I've only made a couple hundred dollars on each so I'm exiting pretty early these days. If the next has a good set up I'll try to stay longer.

Day 10 and counting on endless, I generally leave a few regular safes unused on each level, about 98% map completion average, and haven't missed a single mission objective. As I've gotten more geared I've been able to be a bit greedier. Example: 2 characters with bioshot pistols and, 3 characters with armor piercing 1 and stims, a bonafide medic.  The only time I feel the need to hurry is when I'm doing a rescue mission with "Mr. 5 AP prisoner/mole/you need to drag me or stand on me".

The difficulty seems to ramp fast, but once you learn the ways to deal with it or get lucky with a few nice security mission safes or shops, the game gets pretty easy. I'm probably going to start a new completionist run if I feel the game getting stale, with 100% map exploration and all safes necessary with no lost agents.

Archived