Mostly DX11 is for 3rd party compatibility. Things like streaming, FRAPS, and other programs may work better with the option turned on. For most people, it should be irrelevant.

Hello Bigfoot, I've purchased the game today and it seems you guys changed the floor mode to story mode which is great. However, at numerous times, I find myself wanting to retry a mission without retiring my agent. For example, at certain point of a mission, I split Deckard and Internationale to search rooms and Deckard got stuck with multiple guards. Yes, I was greedy. But is there a way to retry a mission without retiring my agent and putting me on Day 1 again? Or do I just have to play out the mission even though one of my agent got shot? I don't see any saving point before each mission, am I missing anything here?

• Developer

You gotta live with your decisions! A core part of the game is feeling like a real spy, gathering information and moving carefully. If we allowed players to retry missions, then we can play recklessly and still succeed -- which isn't very spy-like.

Each decision is meant to be a tough one, and the fun is in owning your decisions and learning through the play. I hope you enjoy it!

You gotta live with your decisions! A core part of the game is feeling like a real spy, gathering information and moving carefully. If we allowed players to retry missions, then we can play recklessly and still succeed -- which isn't very spy-like.

Each decision is meant to be a tough one, and the fun is in owning your decisions and learning through the play. I hope you enjoy it!

While I agree with you at some of your points, there are few issues you have to reconsider what you want players to achieve in this game. No offense, I'm just giving you feedback after few hours of game play. 

It's great you make players feel like real spy that every move every decision counts. BUT, what I'm trying to say here is there is absolutely no fallback in this game! If one of the agents get caught by multiple guards, he is dead and guaranteed to force the player back to Day 1 mission and start all over again.

So here is my question, are you, the game designer, expecting players to only look for the elevator as their FIRST priority to ensure the completion of all missions and thus game? For the sake of completing all missions in this game, the only way I see this work is search elevator at the very beginning and escape as early as possible to avoid complications. This means exploring the map will for sure have negative impact on completing the mission because I was extremely cautious about every single move and when 1 of the agents hided in the wrong spot and got spotted by 1 guard, all the sudden multiple guards enter the room and there I go back to Day 1 mission again.

All these comes down to no fallback point. There is a risk of exploring a room while securities are on patrol. I hacked the spider like demon patrol machine and was hiding at the corner. And as 1 guard spotted me, multiple enters, and the sight coverage was huge. Even though there is observance on guards move, the sight coverage is something players have to consider as well. SO, there is absolutely no point to keep on exploring the map once elevator is found. Exploring new area is risking to fail the mission and force players go back to Day 1 Mission.

I know this is only solely my opinion after few hours of game play. I really really hope you reconsider what you want players to achieve in this game. As right now, for the sake of completing this game, I have to proceed with my only way which is search for the elevator at the very beginning and flee as soon as possible. There is no point for players to explore rooms risking to fail the mission and therefore force them back to Day 1.

This might be extreme, and yes I'm a little frustrated after spending few hours in this game and got nothing.

The game is supposed to be challenging. Not easy some of the fun means trying it again experiencing new stuff.

You don't understand how frustrated it is to successfully completed 3 missions, and on the 4th one of the agents got caught with multiple guards and you are back on Day 1.

You see, I care so much about this game because I really liked the gameplay and am willing to write an essay review about invisible, inc. I'm hooked and frustrated to realized why am I keep going back to Day 1 start from ground up because of 1 mistake.

Invisible,inc is more than just 15 bucks I spent. I would pay $50 if they asked, but the no fallback point rule is killing my interest and patients in this game.

I understand bro in don't starve i've died on day 200's 100's all my saves once got dead same with this game while i am typing this i've successfully completed 3 buildings lets see if i can  get a 4th if i do i'll edit this, but i'm just trying to say it's alright we all die stupidly sometimes cause guards OP but yolo. EDIT: 4th building was EASY easier then my first! 2nd edit: 5th building was impossible.

PLEASE for the love of everything that's gaming, never change that opinion like you did with Don't Stave.

About the DX11 thing, I only use it because I can I guess. Usually when it comes to such things newer means better!

It's great you make players feel like real spy that every move every decision counts. BUT, what I'm trying to say here is there is absolutely no fallback in this game! If one of the agents get caught by multiple guards, he is dead and guaranteed to force the player back to Day 1 mission and start all over again.

You're wrong. I had situations where I managed to complete missions even with one agent. The point of not being able to retry mission is to play it carefully and not put yourself into a situation where agent is caught by multiple guards. You have abilities, items and can observe how guards are moving around. Use these to your advantage. Sometimes it's better not to put yourself at risk - it's good to know when to fall back - but it's not always the rule that you should go to the next floor as soon as you find an elevator.

You're wrong. I had situations where I managed to complete missions even with one agent. The point of not being able to retry mission is to play it carefully and not put yourself into a situation where agent is caught by multiple guards. You have abilities, items and can observe how guards are moving around. Use these to your advantage. Sometimes it's better not to put yourself at risk - it's good to know when to fall back - but it's not always the rule that you should go to the next floor as soon as you find an elevator.

People need to understand this.

Invisible Inc. is a game where you have to be quick, precise and smart about it, not rush into every second room expecting for things to be just fine. As soon as something invoves a risk I usually don't do it, unless I have to. There might be ways around, more fortunate guard placements and so on. You just have to know when to stay back, observe and take your time and when to move. And once you move, move quick and precise.

1) it's possible to revive agents even in "impossible" setups.

2) As noted, it's possible to complete missions even with just one agent. If your got there by risky behavior, might I suggest very cautious behavior instead? 

3) This is a Dx11 thread. Could we consider making a new thread on this and discussing future issues on gameplay there? 

1) it's possible to revive agents even in "impossible" setups.

2) As noted, it's possible to complete missions even with just one agent. If your got there by risky behavior, might I suggest very cautious behavior instead? 

3) This is a Dx11 thread. Could we consider making a new thread on this and discussing future issues on gameplay there? 

Well the Dx11 part of this thread was solved with the first answer to it, so this should have died long ago.

Archived