Er ma gawd its summer.

Luckily i had an ice fling o matic when the beast appeared, so my base didnt suffer a lot. I then procceed to attack it and lure it to a giant field of spiders. I let them fight a bit... But soon i learned no queen or spider army is a match to the giant fly, so i quicly left. One day later it had vanished...

Summer is just started, I have that ice hat, a watermelon hat, an umbrella, ice, and a straw hat.  Then I started to think about the dragonfly monster giant thing, and I have no idea on how to deal with it.

It's actually neutral until attacked, so you don't have to deal with it (it may set stuff on fire though so i would). The scales are pretty useful too, so gunpowder or a lot of slurtle slime is handy. If you're going to use explosives don't bother freezing it, put it to sleep instead. It's a pain to try and fight in melee. Also make a floral shirt for summer, it gives heat reduction, it'll last nearly a whole summer if made on the 1st-2nd day (it spoils like food instead of regular durability) and they're just fabulous.

He don't have to come. Next time, in winter, kill many blue birds and make 28 blowdarts. This should kill him.

The only things I use for Summer are 2 thermal stones (one always in the icebox or ice Chester, one I hold) and an umbrella, and sometimes I add a floral shirt.

When you get the warning for the dragonfly make sure you run away from your base - it will spawn where you are and stay around there.  It doesn't try to attack you unless you attack first and it doesn't move that fast. 

For killing it use a pan flute and gunpowder, or blowdarts - not sure how many it takes, but it moves quite slowly so it's fairly easy to hit it and run over and over.

Archived