Diagonal walking animations

I'm new here, hi everybody! I've made a research and found nothing about this topic, so here goes!

First of all, i'm loving this game. It has an amazing atmosphere, awesome gameplay and a feeling of terror and anxiety that i've rarely found in other games.

Anyways, let's get onto my suggestion: animations for when you walk diagonally.

I don't think if it's possible / plausible to make diagonal walking animations for every single hat, suit and character, but i think it would add more "3D" to the game, and will make it a lot smoother to play.

Guest Dandytard
I don't think that Don't starve wants to be a 3D game and is going to be a 3D game. I've no problem that there's no diagonal walking and in my opinion the gam is smooth enough.

Don't be mean to new members!

.. Anyway, What he said. The game's made ( It even says so) to be 2d, So making it more 3dish is abit pointless. If anything, It should be more 2Dish if that's even possible. Although that was one of the original ideas I've read this week, So keep at it, little buddy!

Don't be mean to new members!

I don't want to be mean to other member this is just my opinion. If I don't like sth, I'm going to say that I don't like it. There's always someone who doesn't like an idea, this time it's me. But I'm doing my best to be more kind to other members. [Except this Dandytard! :twisted:]

Guest Dandytard

You have neither, So the post is irreverent. I think we should stop posting here before we get a warning. ( Double dare you to post here, though )

First of all, i'm loving this game. It has an amazing atmosphere, awesome gameplay and a feeling of terror and anxiety that i've rarely found in other games.

I'm glad to hear that, because loving the game is mandatory.

Anyways, let's get onto my suggestion: animations for when you walk diagonally.

I don't think if it's possible / plausible to make diagonal walking animations for every single hat, suit and character, but i think it would add more "3D" to the game, and will make it a lot smoother to play.

As was mentioned, the game currently uses 2.5D technology. Also I've never really encountered an issue with diagonal movement... but then I often use the mouse cursor to navigate the world rather than the AWSD keys.

You're just jealous because I have more posts than you, Osty. ;)

Guys, guys, can't we just agree I have more posts than both of you combined? And every one of my posts is the equivalent of a literary battleship... :)

You have neither, So the post is irreverent. I think we should stop posting here before we get a warning. ( Double dare you to post here, though )

No need to ask, free warnings for everyone! :p

But yes, please try to stay (at least somewhat) on topic in threads and use PMs for casual back-and-forth conversations.

Guest Dandytard
Guys, guys, can't we just agree I have more posts than both of you combined? And every one of my posts is the equivalent of a literary battleship... :)

Common enemy located, Osty. Activate the piggy nukes!

Common enemy located, Osty. Activate the piggy nukes!

Sorry I killed all the piggys, so the piggy nukes aren't available yet. But I prepare my middle-range bee missile and adjust them at the new enemy right now.

----------------------

Sorry for "spamming" in this threads. My first post is mostly useful (If dandytard didn't post before :)), I'll try to stay on the topics at all the time.

Guest Dandytard

Good enough. Power thrusters to maximum, Releasing Tallbird cages, Preparing egg'renades, The berry-machinegun is ready to fire.

Personally, I don't think diagonal animations are needed right now. I brought it up on a thread that suggested the addition of transportation such as an old timey bycicle where going diagonally would look REALLY weird, but walking it's just fine.

PS: Way to welcome a new member guys, by making his completely valid (and valued) suggestion a chatroom. There's a whole subforum to talk nonesense, but THIS ONE certainly isn't.