Trying to harvest some ice after the excessive amount I lost many episodes ago. Unfortunately I don't quite gather enough for an Ice Fling-o-Matic. Summer is going to be a harsh mistress.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 19

Edited by Quady14

The big Day 20! But Summer has not yet begun. Give it a day or so and I'll be right in the middle of it, no doubts about that. In the meantime I craft an Endothermic Fire Pit for long-term cooling down and continue to worry about the Summer Frest I've still failed to craft as of yet. All in good time though.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 20

ACK, IT'S HOT! Summer has finally reared its muggy mug, and now overheating will be a constant danger to contend with. Luckily I finally craft that Summer Frest I've been banking on, and with two thermal stones keeping me cool, I might just be able to make due this season.

Our base on the other hand may not fare so well if I'm not vigilant, failing to snuff out any smoldering structures could cause the majority of the base to erupt in flames. We can only hope I can avoid such a nasty fate!

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 21

Makin' a Siesta Lean-To this episode, this baby is gonna let Woodie skip the long, exhausting days of Summer, as well as restore his sanity and health a decent amount to boot. Not a bad deal! I don't get the opportunity to use it this episode, but for the next episode or two I'll be spending some time just enjoying my newly made shelter.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 23

Edited by Quady14

Slightly Unrelated Bonus Post Time!

Tonight I streamed some Don't Starve with my girlfriend Ali and her brother Ben, and we interspersed it with some unboxing of Don't Starve Figurine Blind Boxes that I ordered recently! Check em out if you're interested! Personally I think #2 is the best opening reaction I've ever witnessed. XD

Don't Starve Figurine Unboxing!

Don't Starve Figurine Unboxing #1

Don't Starve Figurine Unboxing #2

Don't Starve Figurine Unboxing #3

Also here's a silly picture of me looming over my figurines (only two of the three I got, since Ali was guarding her's like a hawk, which I can totally understand). :razz:

Blind Box Results

wDuraMI.jpg

Edited by Quady14

Okay, here's the deal, I used our new Siesta Lean-To in both episodes today, so instead of just giving you one three minute episode for today and tomorrow, I'm just going to upload them both now for at least 6-7 minutes of Don't Starvey goodness. We're nearing the end of this big play session that I began back on Day 9, so I need to record some new episodes soon! Anyways, on with the episodes!

Pretty much for this first episode, I make use of that fancy new Siesta Lean-To and skip most of the day. As such not so much gets done, but it does let Woodie restore his health and sanity quite nicely at the cost of a chunk of hunger. Not a bad trade-off.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 24

Next episode, I sleep another hot Summer day away (even though I didn't really need to) only to realize that tonight's the full moon! WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE YET AGAIN.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 25

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 24

Next episode, I sleep another hot Summer day away (even though I didn't really need to) only to realize that tonight's the full moon! WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE YET AGAIN.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 25

Poor Merms, what did they do to deserve homelessness?

I was actually intending from the start to give Ali the Wilson figure if we got one, and her reaction was more than worth it XD Plus she's a much bigger fan of Wilson than I am, so he's in good hands. :p

As for me, two spiders is a little rough I suppose, but they're cool in their own way, I just hope if and when I ever get another pack, I don't get any more duplicates, especially not spiders. Imagine if I got triple spiders and just had 5 of them staring mockingly at me with all their little rabbit friends. Buncha jerk spiders. Who did you get from your blind boxes by the way? I'm curious! XD

And Merms don't really have the best living conditions to start with, those ramshackle shelters they pop out of are super derelict, also they tried to punch me with their clammy hands so they totally had the Werebeaver attack coming to them. I HAVE NO REGRETS! (I may have some regrets)

Holy crap that would've been like my almost perfect haul! XD Congrats on nabbing Maxwell, I hear he's actually pretty rare!

You're right that I should've grabbed the fish and frog legs, but by now they've long since turned to rot, I just finished recording the next ten days and totally overlooked the fact that I had all that food just sitting there waiting for me. I make due pretty well without 'em though, I somehow scrape by without even using the Siesta Lean-To for a while! Plus, with all those ponds near the base I can probably just fish for the food I need.

By the way, minor spoilers, but I'm pretty sure I had the luckiest Summer I've ever had in any game of Don't Starve. It even rained. During the Summer. I didn't even know it COULD rain during the Summer!

I felt insanely lucky about the figures...I didn't even know Maxwell was an option, and then I found out how rare it was, so I pretty much squeed and scared the heck out of my boyfriend. XD

Aw, bummer. After playing adventure mode using merms as a food source has been ingrained into my psyche. XD

Woah, rain in summer? What is this madness? Congrats on having Let's Play Luck! :D Survival is good when you have all your followers invested in the file/character too!

The last episode of the first big recording session I began on Day 9, we're in the midst of Summer now, and my Werebeaver transformation has left us weak and barely sane. Will we be able to pull through? Or will the Summer heat prove too much for Woodie and his humble base?

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 26

All this was just a stone's throw from our base the whole time! Who would've guessed?

Welp, with all the beefalo and rabbits, (beardlings at the moment due to our lack of sanity) this looks to be an absolutely perfect location for our base. We'll have meatballs aplenty, more beefalo wool than I'd know what to do with, and a touchstone more than close enough to our base for a quick recovery! Awesome.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 28

Also, PAGE 3!!! This calls for scared-spider pig dancing! :spidercowers::happypigs::yaypigs::spidercowers:

Edited by Quady14
  • Like 1

Killer Bees are terrible, terrible creatures. I DUN LIKE EM!
Also we find the final piece of the Teleportato, that Metal Potato Thing, which is good to have. Now we can bring them all together at the Wooden Thing and have a ticket out of this world whenever the right time comes. That won't be for a good while yet though.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 29

30 Days! If there's any indication that a run is going pretty well, making it as far as this is a decent indication. Not to say I haven't ended up completely screwed beyond this point on other playthroughs. There's still the looming threat of the Dragonfly and smoldering structures that the Summer brings. Who knows though, maybe I'll just be really really lucky this Summer. ;)

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 30

THE HOOOOOOUNDS!
Seriously my hatred for hounds isn't too bad right now but it's gonna intensify the longer this playthrough goes on, they get seriously nasty once you hit day 50+ when you can get up to 7 of the things attacking at once. Anyways, after a relatively relaxed hound attack, I fix my nearly degraded Summer Frest, narrowly saving me from being at the mercy of the Summer heat once again, and take care of some small miscellaneous tasks. A good day, all in all.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 31

It was inevitable with all the trees Woodie has been leveling, Treeguard attack! No worries though, some pine cones will calm them down. Also, we place that Prestihatitator we made last episode, such a beautiful machine of hats and rabbits and magic things!

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 33

Edited by Quady14

Taking care of my other Lureplant neighbor just for sake of convenience, I'll be messing with one of these guys again within the next two or three weeks, but for now I just wanted to relocate him. I also start heading upland to gather Evil Flowers. Sound crazy? It is, and it's going to make Woodie completely insane, but if I want that next tier of magic recipes then I'm gonna need to build a Shadow Manipulator, which requires a heap of Nightmare Fuel, and Evil Flowers are the best way to make it quickly!

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 34

Short episode this time, heading back to base with all the evil flowers I picked, and with Woodie's brain leaking out of his ears with how insane he became, I take refuge in the Siesta Lean-To for sake of survival, and finally make the Shadow Manipulator, which pretty much has us set as far as recipe-crafting structures go. There is one more tier, but it's deep below us, and I don't know that I'll be capable of getting that far down and living to tell the tale.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 35

I have some bad news...

My recording software, MSI Afterburner, had an issue that caused it to stop recording what was about an hour and forty minutes of footage, I didn't know because while usually there's an indicator to show when MSI Afterburner is recording or not, but for Don't Starve for some reason this indicator does not show up. The point is, I lost footage for 12 days of in-game time, that's the majority of Autumn, though to be honest nothing exclusive to Autumn happened, no giant attacks or anything (not yet anyways). I can't get it back and even though I was doing live commentary this time, there'd be nothing to set it to, and I doubt you want to hear me talk over empty space for an hour and a half, so I really don't know what to do... I can sum up what's happened in an audio or text update, but that's the best I've got. I'm really sorry everyone. I was afraid this'd happen sooner or later. :(

Welp... Time-skipping to just before Winter I guess. I guess that's the more exciting season anyways, aside from Summer, just less horrible and base-destroying.

EDIT: Okay, I've now recorded up to Day 60, I think I lost Day 51... This is kinda killing me, I swear I push the record button but maybe stuff is just getting lost or it's not starting the recording when I think that it is? I don't even know. I didn't lose any other episodes so it's not quite so bad as losing 37-49 but it still sucks. I'm really dropping the ball today, I think I need to just take a step back and stop for a while.

Edited by Quady14

And upon the thirty-sixth day, Woodie constructed the mighty device of magical sciencey, the Teleportato! Now I can escape this wilderness world... And enter another wilderness world! But I'm not interested in that just yet.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 36