And now we try our hand at Adventure Mode! Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of King of Winter, and this iteration of it is a particularly nasty one. It may not look it right now but by the end you'll get what I mean.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Adventure Mode Day 1

Slowly making progress, Adventure Mode throws up a lot of road blocks, some much easier to deal with than others, but hopefully I won't hit anything too bad. Chances are I'm going to hit something bad though... Yup.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Adventure Mode Day 2

This is becoming a bad idea! Shadow Creatures pls stop. D:

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Adventure Mode Day 6

Five pages! I'm thinking this will be the last one for Woodie. He's been a good sport, he deserves a little rest.

Edited by Quady14

Alright, quick bonus post, I have some excellent news. My girlfriend, who was present with me during the first three Don't Starve Figurine Unboxings, in all of her awesomeness as a fellow Don't Starve fanatic, gifted me another set of three Blind Boxes of the Don't Starve Figurine variety! I've only opened one as of yet, but already I'm pretty ecstatic about this haul. Behold, THE MYSTERY FIGURINE!

Spoilers cos... Well, it's a Mystery and stuff.

moZovsR.jpg

Here he is: Maxwell, complete with Divining Rod and decorated with the critters from my previous unboxing!

SzwWTYY.jpg

A close-up of his handsome mug, dem lips tho

0l2SRi8.jpg

And lastly, a close-up of the Voxola PR-76 Radio, aka the Divining Rod. It looks like it has knobs for eyes with little eyelashes.

And here's some videos of the unboxing itself!

Don't Starve Figurine Unboxing #4

Edited by Quady14

That went about as well as could be expected.

So that's what Adventure Mode can be like! There are easier starts than this and there are probably harder ones too, but there are some great rewards should you persevere to the end! Anyways, we're back to our Survival world next time, and I think Woodie deserves to pack up and head home for a well-earned vacation.

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Adventure Mode Days 8 & 9

I guess we technically spent a good part of Day 76 before beginning adventure mode, but we've still got some daylight to burn, so here's Day 76 and a half! Woodie is packing up all his worldly belongings and breaking down his base. (or at least breaking down the Bird Cage he made, for he believes he has rehabilitated the Redbird and is letting it free... For now.) Tomorrow is the final day, look forward to it!

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 76.5

Hey there! Sorry the final episode is so late, I didn't have time to upload this morning as I had to drive to work early and had an 8 hour shift, so this is the first opportunity I've had to upload it. This post isn't for the episode itself, but I do have another bonus post to share while I wait for the video to upload. The final episode will be up soon however, so look forward to it!

So check it out, my girlfriend and I opened the two remaining Blind Boxes, and here are the results!

A Fitting Follow-Up & A Firebug

fzfPqRdl.jpg

So first off, we have a Wes! It really fits considering both Maxwell and Wes are unlocked via Adventure Mode, I thought this was pretty great. Gotta say though, the Umbrella (Wes' unique accessory) throws off his balance way too much, he really can't hold the thing without flopping onto his face unfortunately. Still, it's got some nice details!

WdNH06Sl.jpg

And second, if my hint above weren't obvious enough, we've got the pyromaniac Willow! I'm not sure if I feel entirely safe with her in my collection, but she's pretty cool nonetheless. Only thing is those pigtails make her VERY unbalanced, she can't stand up straight without something behind her to prop that hair up. Still, awesome figures, very happy with this 3-pack, it was certainly a little more exciting than double-spiders! XD

Mr3Zup4.jpg

And lastly, here's everyone together! Maxwell, Wes & Willow Good stuff. :grin:

And here's a joke picture just because...

vyUDhj2.jpg

Wes' revenge! He's got Maxwell's head on a pike! (umbrella)

And last but not least, the video version in case you want to see our reactions in real time:

Don't Starve Unboxings #5 & 6

Edited by Quady14

A Don't Starve A Day - Woodie Day 77 (Finale)

*Gone for Vacation*

Okay, so for a proper send-off and explanation, this is gonna wrap it up for A Don't Starve A Day, it's been great fun but having obtained a full-time job recently, I'm going to be a lot more busy than I was most of this Summer.

This doesn't mean I'm disappearing from the internet once again, not at all, but this series in particular took a decent amount of time to make, and I don't think I could continue it with this level of quality. I'm not done playing Don't Starve though, and you may very well see me play more of it in the near future, especially with Don't Starve Together's Closed Beta coming around, but it's more likely I will be streaming the game casually rather than creating a new video series based around it. This one in itself gave a decent idea of how far the game can go without showing off everything, and there's a myriad of other playthroughs like this out there, so I figure livestreaming would be a more personal experience, as well as easier for me to plan out.

Of course, I'll make sure to upload my favorite highlights here on Youtube too! If you haven't be sure to subscribed to my twitch page to know when I'm streaming (it's not super often so you won't be spammed with notification emails I promise): www.twitch.tv/chrisguest/profile

Lastly, as far as the conclusion of this video, it's not a teaser for a new A Don't Starve A Day, as I said I'm finished with this series, but you may very well see this file continue during my livestreams if I'm in the mood to dust it off!