Pilgrim Pigs...Why are my pigs wandering?

I've made it to day 130 in don't starve. It's the first time I have gotten this far since vanilla don't starve. I have discovered the whole map and I know where everything is, including all the pig houses. I noticed around day 100 that a pig or two were wandering in the Savannah biome near by my camp. I looked on the map and although there was a pig village with a pig king in that direction, there is a whole long Carboniferous biome inbetween where these pigs are. Just now I was wandering in this direction, to relocate my Spider dens, I discovered SEVEN PIGS wandering in my Savannah!!!

I mean I don't mind them being there, more protection and Pig Skins for me. But I've never seen this happen, Pigs usually stay near there homes. Perhaps they are spawning there? Anyone else seen this happen before?

Is there a merm house near the savannah? I've noticed there are usually pigs nearby when I get a merm house spawn out of its swamp biome. Part of them being at war?

What version are you on? There was a bug a while back where pigs and bees would constantly run to the right. Not sounding like the same thing but good to check.

Yeah, I've noticed since the RoG updates Pigs will wander off if they can go to Merms not-too-far-off and start their little war...especially if it's a rainy or post-rainy day/dusk/night.

Pigs will go far, for war.

Soon, they will come for bread.

Archived