Is it possible for a world to have no Mandrake?

Foa

This is like my 4th or 5th world with no mandrake in it. Am I just unlucky or is there some bug that causes this? I have to rely on sleeping darts which are really a bother to make.

The only changes I messed with in world settings are:

Map size (usually to large/medium)

More boons

Autumn as starting season

I explore all map and dont find mandrakes... many times.

So, the random availability is intended.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a weird bug messing with world settings.

Map I'm playing right now has no mandrakes, so no extra pan flutes over the one I got by the statue.

They will always spawn in the plains area surrounded by spider forest that has totally normal trees. There's always a decent chance that biome set just doesn't happen. Just so happens that my spider forest biome in this world was just a connecting area rather than its own arm.

I think in the world you get 3 - 5 Mandrakes ALWAYS in one small Grass area (which is surrounded by woods). I found that area, but I only found 2 Mandrakes. I thought I should have at least 3, which is what I remember from Wiki, but I checked and Double checked every corner of the area and only got two mandrakes. I made two panflutes with them.

Archived