The Walrus Camps World Spawns

Can someone enlighten me as to why not even a single walrus camp will spawn in a world without tweaking the setting to spawn in 16 of them. I get the idea that the camp is a rare spawn but after spawning in about 50 worlds there should be at least one world that has a moderate amount of camp like 1-4 of them. if someone knows a way to have a moderate amount of those camp in a world i would very much like to know.

I almost always get one. Only once or twice did I get zero. I finally got a world with 3 close to each other and 1 more on the opposite side of the map.

It's pretty much a crap shoot, seeing them to more will get you about 30, huge jump from a single camp. Setting them to lots is unplayable! Definitely needs to be worked on in my opinion. But in the meantime spawn them in or keep starting a new world and reveal the map until you get what you want.

If you're looking to spawn them in, I'll save you the trouble of looking it up!

• Press ~ key on your keyboard, then move your cursor where you want the camp and type
  • c_spawn("walrus_camp", 1)
  • Press Ctrl + L to remove that annoying text!

Enjoy!

Ugh, still getting the hang of this posting thing (on mobile anyway)..sorry, I didn't mean to just post the quote. I wanted to add that I myself am on PS4 vs 1.01. No walrus :(

I usually never find one if I'm looking for it, but when I don't really care they just appear.

My Advice: Stop looking for it and it will appear and kill you.

True but the console is notorious often for if something doesn't load, it can get "locked out" in subsequent worlds also. While a "Wes" patch was eventually done as a fix for this, other items (often I am looking at you future seasons past 1st Winter Pengulls) did not get updated allegedly.   

The PC has/had frequent patches that can address/addressed these things. Due to Sony's demanding review process...patches are fewer and further between.

Fortunately, all these problems and final updates that were caught before and after the RoG release will be addressed in next Tuesday's/Wednesday's release for Ps4 and PS+. 

Archived