"Dual" Survival Mod

Hello!

I'm starting a new character mod, but it's got a twist to it!

As the name implies, there are going to be two playable characters. However, they are going to be controlled at separate times. (NOT MULTIPLAYER!)

The other character will be invulnerable, but they will help when in battle and chopping/mining things.

Each day, I am going to make each character swap out. I believe that this can simply be done by coloring the screen black, or maybe having shadow hands come out of the ground and pull them in to simulate a swap, and having the atlas switched between them.

They are each going to have a speech file.

They are going to have different stats as well. (Not hunger, health, or sanity.)

One will be a tank, good for combat.

He will have the equivalent of a grass suit in terms of the damage absorbed.

He will walk at a speed 0.75 x Wilson's walking speed.

His attack power will also be 2 x Wilson's attack power.

Another will be a gatherer, good for gathering resources.

He will be weaker than most characters. He takes damage 1.3 times more than Wilson normally would.

He will walk at a speed of 1.4 x Wilson's walking speed.

His attack power will also be 0.8 x Wilson's attack power.

If anyone knows how I can start making the coding for this mod, that would be really helpful.

Thanks for viewing my topic!

Hello!

I'm starting a new character mod, but it's got a twist to it!

As the name implies, there are going to be two playable characters. However, they are going to be controlled at separate times. (NOT MULTIPLAYER!)

The other character will be invulnerable, but they will help when in battle and chopping/mining things.

Each day, I am going to make each character swap out. I believe that this can simply be done by coloring the screen black, or maybe having shadow hands come out of the ground and pull them in to simulate a swap, and having the atlas switched between them.

They are each going to have a speech file.

They are going to have different stats as well. (Not hunger, health, or sanity.)

One will be a tank, good for combat.

He will have the equivalent of a grass suit in terms of the damage absorbed.

He will walk at a speed 0.75 x Wilson's walking speed.

His attack power will also be 2 x Wilson's attack power.

Another will be a gatherer, good for gathering resources.

He will be weaker than most characters. He takes damage 1.3 times more than Wilson normally would.

He will walk at a speed of 1.4 x Wilson's walking speed.

His attack power will also be 0.8 x Wilson's attack power.

If anyone knows how I can start making the coding for this mod, that would be really helpful.

Thanks for viewing my topic!

Everything except for the swapping, I can do. Those are just basic stats changes.

Maybe. Check the time with a inst code, I'm sure there is one, and after the time is elapsed then.

If get.player and player == tank and inst(timehasrunout) then

player == gatherer.

Something along these lines, but I have no idea how to do that kind of coding. :p

I can flat out give you the code for the stats of each character, if you want,

Everything except for the swapping, I can do. Those are just basic stats changes.

Maybe. Check the time with a inst code, I'm sure there is one, and after the time is elapsed then.

If get.player and player == tank and inst(timehasrunout) then

player == gatherer.

Something along these lines, but I have no idea how to do that kind of coding. :razz:

I can flat out give you the code for the stats of each character, if you want,

That would be really great if you could do that! I already have an idea... Fidooop told me something about addtags, and it goes something like this:

every day a line of code checks for the player

if the player has the tag "gatherer", then it will swap to "tank" and it will do nothing if the addtag is already tank

if the player has the tag "tank", then it will swap to "gatherer" and it will do nothing if the addtag is already gatherer

It seems easy enough, bu then again I'm a noob in terms of coding and have no idea on how to start such a daunting task!

Oh and if you need any more info on visit this: http://imgur.com/KD3IZz1

Don't worry about the stuff on the bottom row, only focus on the right column!

:/ it looks like my mod...are you my spying neighbour?

Why are they swapping(what occurence make them)?

They swap on each day. I can give you a "for instance."

You want to take on some clockwork knights, bishops, and rooks, but you might want to wait a day because your current character is the gatherer, who is weaker.

You might want to go exploring, but you think it might be better if you have a character who is quicker because your current character is the tank, who is slower.

Archived