Question about Fireflies

I'm about to start building a new base, which happens to be in an area of forest.

I wondered if anyone knows, if I dig up the turf will it still count as forest and have fireflies even if I put down some other sort of flooring?

The fireflies will stay there unless you use a bug net to catch them. Changing the flooring won't change anything aside from the flooring.

I'm confused why you think it wouldn't be a forest anymore? Do you think the fireflies will leave or something?

the fireflies are a seperate entity to the turf so if you dig the turf the fireflies will still remain.

You can use a bugnet to catch fireflies if you ever want to move them

I'm about to start building a new base, which happens to be in an area of forest.

I wondered if anyone knows, if I dig up the turf will it still count as forest and have fireflies even if I put down some other sort of flooring?

Fireflies are limited and They spawn when the world is generated and then they won't spawn any more in any biome. They will never move of where they spawn no matter the floor. The only way to get more fireflies once you collect all of them are Tumbleweeds.

Edit: I wrote too slow :(

The fireflies will stay there unless you use a bug net to catch them. Changing the flooring won't change anything aside from the flooring.

I'm confused why you think it wouldn't be a forest anymore? Do you think the fireflies will leave or something?

the fireflies are a seperate entity to the turf so if you dig the turf the fireflies will still remain.

You can use a bugnet to catch fireflies if you ever want to move them

Thank you both for replying.  I just didn't know if a forest is still a forest if you dig up all the trees and make it paved - I haven't experimented much before with clearing or resurfacing large areas so I wanted to be sure.  That's great news. ^^

Fireflies are limited and They spawn when the world is generated and then they won't spawn any more in any biome. They will never move of where they spawn no matter the floor. The only way to get more fireflies once you collect all of them are Tumbleweeds.

Edit: I wrote too slow :(

That helps as well, thanks - I always go looking for fireflies and wonder why I can't find them, as I always thought they moved around. :joyous:

Just to comment on this, I had the same questionning when I started. I think it is actually a very logical reasoning...

I mean if you destroy the amazonian forest and dig up everything, the odds are that most animals/vegetables will leave/die/never come back :)

Archived