Suggestion - Rock tumbler

I'm sure what everyone wants - another crafting station.

But what I'm thinking is a version of the crock pot. What I'm looking for here is a way to make some of the rarer materials renewable via the not-so rare ones.

Give it 4 slots for a recipe, and make certain recipes craft marble, thulecite, etc. (I know you can craft thulecite at the pseudoscience station with nuggets, but I'm thinking more renewable than that). 

As far as what would convert into what? I'd leave that in more capable hands. But I also think the concept of creating normal rocks out of other simple materials would be a decent idea.

Would certainly be a GREAT place to ditch extra flint.

I am fully aware that my sales pitch is terrible.

It's honestly not a bad idea. I would actually love it if they implemented some way to create non-renewable materials, and this seems to be an interesting take on it.

Also, I'm getting quite upset with your attitude with the subforums. I'm sorry if others have imprinted this impression on you, it makes me feel genuinely horrible. I may not be the one to say this, but people have their own views and opinions on how they want the game to work. If some people want to have a rogue-like, uncompromising survival game, then they'll certainly stick with suggestions that build upon that concept. And if there isn't much to discuss (like alternatives or tweaks), most suggestions turn into "yes!" or "no." response threads. Trust me, we're not here to blame or disgust anybody for their ideas. We're here to discuss and improve those suggestions into something really great. I'm repeating myself, but I'm sorry if you got a bad impression of the forums.

Anything? At least insult my intelligence for suggesting something so awful. That seems to be a theme in this subforum.

not really. i actually love your idea! but assuming people will hate you forever for your suggestions or other peoples suggestions is kinda your own personal theme.

Nah man, all I'm saying is people shouldn't be getting cut down so hard for their suggestions. Some could be young, some could be dumb, but that kinda stuff can really devastate people who just want to contribute. 

I know I'm new to these forums, but I'm heavily invested in the Paradox forums for EU and Crusader kings games, and I'm just used to a different feel. 

I have one of those overactive empathy bones. Like, I'd make a terrible boss.

I think marble actually is renewable. Though, perhaps not safely renewable. I certainly recall seeing it fall from defeating the giant tentacles in the cave layer, though. Perhaps I am misremembering?

Indeed, no rocks are by nature 'non-renewable'. I think the only actual non-renewable resource in the game now is the catcoon.

But there are some roundabout ways to make certain things renewable that I'd love to see the edges trimmed down on. Like, farming beard hair by chasing down tumbleweeds or capturing beardlings is probably going to have its share of tedium. I cut that down by simply chasing down beardlords to make 20 steps turn into 1.

Archived