Character problem - Not showing up

Maz

I made a character named Walt, I followed instructions, and I used Wendy as a base. At first I tried, it didn't work, and my computer crashed when I picked Wendy. I later found the problem and fixed it, and she worked. But my character, Walt, didn't show up. No crashes or anything. Do I have to make him a mod? If anyone needs screenshots or links I will give them, but for now I don't know what to show.

MAJOR ISSUE EDIT: I have now noticed that the game thinks Wendy is Walt, according to this crash, it thinks they are the same. jjb6lu.jpg

It says that Walt's bigportrait was missing, which I was planning to fix after I made sure Wendy was fine, which she wasn't. I'm going to make sure he is not missing in any prefabs or scripts.

EDIT: After fiddling some more I found out I didn't make a main file for Walt (lol) but after I did that it STILL wouldn't work. I don't know what it means by its missing the xml file for Walt after I run Wendy, but I know I hav one in the bigportraits and anoter in the DLC0001 bigportraits. 

Unless you want to override wendy, it's smarter to make a mod for custom characters.

There is a list of tutorials for mods pinned at the top of the mods forum.

EDIT: I think modified game files get deleted after an update, mods don't. keep that in mind

maybe the problem is within your xml file.

can you paste it?

After messing around my game won't even open, I made a mod folder that wasn't finished and put it in and took it out, hasn't worked since. 

I'm not permitted to upload that kind of file, I can give a screenshot though.

http://gyazo.com/0410cce0af7fa877f172a4edb35442cc

Thats the xml in the bigportraits.

Archived