The Game is Afoot - eternal Winter?

Playing Adventure Mode with RoG installed, and first was the Game is Afoot, but it's now day 26 and no sign of Winter ending. 

Day is one segment, night is one segment, the rest is twilight, I keep freezing and the walrus camps are still active, so I'm pretty sure it isn't Spring either.  But anyway it's supposed to go into Summer after 10 days.

Is this a glitch, or has anyone else experienced this?  Or is it supposed to be this way now?

I'm trying to keep going, but food is running out, and grass/twigs won't regrow.

Playing Adventure Mode with RoG installed, and first was the Game is Afoot, but it's now day 26 and no sign of Winter ending. 

Day is one segment, night is one segment, the rest is twilight, I keep freezing and the walrus camps are still active, so I'm pretty sure it isn't Spring either.  But anyway it's supposed to go into Summer after 10 days.

Is this a glitch, or has anyone else experienced this?  Or is it supposed to be this way now?

I'm trying to keep going, but food is running out, and grass/twigs won't regrow.

Actually 26 days and winterdon't end is normal because Winter/Summer are there for 15 days in the default settings and spring/autumn 20 days .

For me,I always start Summer at 21 days .Maybe you touched something in the setting or maybe it's random season because the start it's autumn or spring .

So I guess if winter started at 20 days it should take end at 35-36.

and I prefer when summer come first because I have enough time to make some food,chop down some trees and collect a lot of things because RoG is not = the vanilla game where you have unlimited rabbit etc...

Summer doesnt start at 10 days,here a refresh :

Friendly seasons (spring and autumn):

Very Short ~5days

Short ~12days

Long ~30 days

Very Long ~50days

Default~20days

Harsh seasons (summer and winter):

Very Short ~5days

Short ~10days

Long ~22days

Very Long ~40days

Default ~15days

So wait untill 35 days or 37,if he doesn't take end or build a temperature measurer !

i experimented it and it's a no really winter? No snow or deerclops, blue background but like spring...when my island run out of grass and food, i run to the spiders :-)

I thought so too because the snow stopped and sometimes it rains.  But then the day is still so short, and the walrus camps are still there, and nothing grows. :(  It's very confusing.

I tried twice as well - got The Game is Afoot and it was something like day 16 and still Winter so I let my character die, went back in and got The Game is Afoot again, and now at day 26 and still mostly Winter characteristics, apart from the lack of snow.

Actually going straight into Summer from Winter, like the non-RoG version, would be pretty hard now.  So I thought maybe they made it go into Spring instead, except it can't be Spring because of the tiny day length and lack of anything growing.  And walrus camps!  Everywhere I go I run into Mac Tusk.

I'm going to try to carry on and find the pieces and see how far I can get anyway, while waiting for confirmation about what is supposed to happen.

Actually 26 days and winterdon't end is normal because Winter/Summer are there for 15 days in the default settings and spring/autumn 20 days .

I'm on Adventure mode, so The Game is Afoot starts with Winter.  It's supposed to have 10 days of Winter and then eternal Summer, which usually makes it a really good level to start with.

Thanks for all the suggestions by the way - I've been playing for over a year and this is the first thing I've had that has made me actually post here rather than lurking.

Finding spiders is no problem - I have to get through the part that's blocked by spiders still.  I usually leave that till Summer, so the day is long and the spiders are in their dens.  At the moment there's only a such a short time that the spiders aren't wandering around that I haven't attempted it yet.

I've only survived this far because I'm playing as Maxwell, so it's not too bad when he has to live off spider meat.  I haven't found any birds, or the cat things, or moles.  Or rabbits because of it being such a short daytime, and I don't want to waste my twigs and grass making too many traps.

It's hard to know if it's glitched, without other people saying what's happened when they played.  There must be other people playing Adventure mode surely?  Or is everyone still exploring Survival mode?

Archived