Multiplayer = Multiproblems

Oh yea sure. Let's force everyone to join every day, and if someone doesn't join he must be banned! Yea! YEA! Let's force everyone to play every moment of their life! Plus, WICKERBOTTOM CAN'T SLEEP! So? How can it work if a player that plays as her CAN'T sleep? Your point now?

As for Charlie, she can't be seen, so if the werebeaver sees what can't be seen what will happen?

And I don't think anyone is wasting time other than me replying to you.

I was speaking of an in game day, not a 24 hour cycle so, that's that.  I really don't know how long people expect these worlds to last and how exactly the mechanic of maintaining/joining them is gonna work, when that information is available this issue will become more clearly solvable.  Getting irrationally hyperbolic about it doesn't help us get the information we need and as of now nobody can really answer this except Klei.  

The Wickerbottom issue is something that people will have to anticipate when they allow her into a game/join with her/ play as her.  This being the only character that violates the other system it would still work perfectly without her (and this is possibly one of the balances that would take place, don't you think?) she could sit  and read instead of sleep and skip to the wake up time with no restoration/possibly some starving.  

Again being able to see Charlie as someone who isn't being attacked by it doesn't really matter (in my opinion), they could add a very simple animation just shows the character that Woody sees being panic stricken and dying or taking massive damage.  That you can see in the dark should only protect you from this effect and someone else suffering it while you can see doesn't really seem like an issue other than that you want to know what it will look like. 

Slapping a pointless question in a middle of a seemingly serious list of concerns and then stating it as a joke when someone addresses it is definitely a waste of time. 

Ok, let's talk in all seriousness now.

About Charlie, that will probably be the solution.

About forcing a player to log in each in-game day, I think it would be impossible because each day lasts 8 minutes.

About Wickerbottom I don't really enjoy your idea but you got the point: we need a way to make her skip time like the others can do by sleeping.

About forcing a player to log in each in-game day, I think it would be impossible because each day lasts 8 minutes.

This is the one that I think poses the most problems, like you say if the world stays up and you can go in and out at your leisure why not leave for the parts you don't want to play,  which is where I feel you just shouldn't be able to do that unless its a hardware/software issue in which case you get a day to get back in game before you lose your progress for trying to skip out on the challenging parts.   Again without knowing the joining/leaving system that will be used its hard to say how this should be addressed.   The idea maybe of some sort of stasis chamber that allows people to go about there lives outside the game without forfeiting all their DST progress, again though this could be exploited just the same to skip seasons as you suggest..    Unless the chamber needed maintaining/ slow drain you meaning you have to participate somewhat to keep from just dying in it before a season passes.    I don't know but its definitely an issue. 

This is probably why they're putting D.S Together in early alpha (which will probably fix most things like the items like Wigfrid's Battle Hem and Spear not showing up on other players (like Wilson)

As for characters 2 of the same people can't exist Together in one world, which would cause a paradox but Klei will limit to x players and make sure when one character is selected no one else will choose that character.

I have an idea that might fix your little "grieving problem" In MP and only in MP are there tools players may easily (or not) make to protect their base from trolls. Such as a bucket of water to douse buildings with Or you may be able to freeze buildings to prevent fire damage. Similar tools would be used against hammers.

Archived