Permadeath/Respawning Resolution

I think the resolution to this Permadeath or Respawning conflict could end just by giving an options for how you want it to work.

Option 1: Permadeath - You play until all players die, no resurrecting or respawning.

Option 2: Resurrection - When a player dies you can resurrect them in different ways like giving the dead player an amulet or taking their skull and putting it in a grave during a full moon. If failed to do so and all players die it's game over. (suggestions from other forumers not me)

Option 3: Easy Respawn - You respawn at the main spawn point with stat penalties.

Option 4: Ghost mode - When a player dies you place them in a grave and their ghost will emerge giving a spectator mode with weak abilities if you get killed while a ghost you will drop nightmare fuel and not come back. (Original idea is not by me)

I think the resolution to this Permadeath or Respawning conflict could end just by giving an options for how you want it to work.

Option 1: Permadeath - You play until all players die, no resurrecting or respawning.

Option 2: Resurrection - When a player dies you can resurrect them in different ways like giving the dead player an amulet or taking their skull and putting it in a grave during a full moon. If failed to do so and all players die it's game over. (suggestions from other forumers not me)

Option 3: Easy Respawn - You respawn at the main spawn point with stat penalties.

Option 4: Ghost mode - When a player dies you place them in a grave and their ghost will emerge giving a spectator mode with weak abilities if you get killed while a ghost you will drop nightmare fuel and not come back. (Original idea is not by me)

This would work quite well, and then in theory everyone is happy.

I guess the only thing that's left to decide is what the default option is. In that case, I say it's the one that allows you to resurrect your friends but with increasing cost every time. Without the fear of death, there's no reason to play the game.

I guess the only thing that's left to decide is what the default option is. In that case, I say it's the one that allows you to resurrect your friends but with increasing cost every time. Without the fear of death, there's no reason to play the game.

Priceless words my friend, priceless words.

Yes, I think that one works the best. The graves would eventually get all filled up and it would be over as well.

Archived