21 members have voted

1. 1. Should a unique Summer bird be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No

Summer is a great addition to the game but when compared to all the unique features in winter, it can feel a little unremarkable. As winter has several unique mobs, Summer doesn't feel quite finished without some of its own.

A summer bird such as a 'firebird' which could drop yellow feathers would make summer feel more unique when compared to spring and autumn.

Summer bird is that red bird, what we don't have is spring bird and fall bird. Adding new feathers won't do anything good, I think there is enough feathers drops for now, the new birds would have to drop something different and special.

Ok, snowbirds should probably stay there during spring, like ice hounds 

Either that ---^  Or make redbirds summer exclusives. Both of these solutions would balance things out. However, I think it would make summer feel a bit more special if redbirds only spawned during this season, seeing how people desperatly want summer exclusives.

I didn't vote, because it would require a new option ''Make redbirds summer exclusives''!

Redbirds really shouldn't be summer exclusive. I have a good argument.

"Does that mean spring is coming?" - Wilson P. Higgsbury

I guess changing a quote is not the most complicated thing, seeing all the new mechanics they have implemented lol But yeah, good thing you pointed that out!

Eh, it's a bit of a balance issue - firebirds have to persist through the most seasons and bluebirds the least else the Dart items will fall out of equilibrium. Consider that Blue Birds have to be rarer than the others to justify the significant advantages of the Blow Dart compared to the Fire and Sleep Dart.

Spring---------------------------crows, normal hounds, and some red hounds

Autumn--------------------------crows, normal hounds, and some blue hounds

Winter ---------------------------blue birds and more blue hounds.

Summer--------------------------red birds, and more red hounds. 

I think this is best. I interesting more in the hounds changes.I have like 25 blue gems and 100 red gems in my currents game.

I think there is a bug, because in "Where There's a Wilson..." Patch Notes - April 30, 2014 says "Ice Hounds now spawn in hound waves during Spring". In my game spawns normal and red hounds during spring.

Archived