Summer MacTusk, grizzly camping.

In the DLC summer seems to have become a counterpart for winter. With similar boss (dragonfly catching things on fire, deerclops freezing things.) and overheating but simply with different preparation measures. (collecting ice instead of beefalo wool.) Summer is also a bit harder then winter because of the whole fire thing, the season for summer preparation (spring) being loaded with frog rain and sanity loss. Then all of this parralel stuff got me thinking about a counterpart to mactusk, and what better then a bunch of camping redneck grizzlies?

Okay, firstly these will be the monsters in our pack.

Pap grizzly

Appearance: A very large pig model with a bear look and wearing a floppy camping hat and a beige vest.

HP:550 

ATP: 80 with hunting bow, 60 with claws.

Drops: Bear claws (Melee weapon about as powerful as battle spear, but you have to be within touching range before you can use it.) and a 5% chance to drop a bear pelt (tier 2 insulation item.)  3 meat

Behavior:

Unlike other hunchbacks Pap will not use kiting AI but instead will start out with mactusk AI, firing at the player with his hunting bow (not dropped on death) and ten after running out of arrows 8 or nine shots would go full out werepig and charge the player trying to tank him. Pap grizzly would mainly try tot distract the character and work with Ma grizzly (below) to kill the player, mainly trying to keep the player occupied.

Ma grizzly

Appearance: A slightly smaller pap grizzly model wearing a floral skirt and earings.

HP:(before atacking lil cub (Below) or killing pap grizzly) 450 (after  killing pap grizzly/ engaging lil' cub) 330 

ATP: Normal: 35 Enraged: 80

Drops: floral skirt ( cooling item with same cool level of floral shirt, but has durability instead of spoiling.) 2 meat 3 morsels

Behavior: 

Ma uses a kiting AI unlike pap. She normally has a decent bunch of health and a so-so amount of damage.  Then, when Pap or li'l cub is attacked she becomes enraged and looses health (330) but takes on a massive amount of damage. Upon death gives 5 naughtiness

Li'l cub:

Appearance:  A bear model but very small, barely bigger then wilson with a striped red shirt and a propeller cap.

HP:  210

ATP: Doesn't attack.

Drops: Teddy bear,  restores 15 sanity when used, it has 10 uses and can be repaired with a sewing kit. 8 morsels.

Behavior: Li'l cub will command Labrador (bellow) after ma or pap are killed.  But when Labrador is killed lil cub would act like a scared pig and run away from the player.

Adds 20 naughtiness

Labrador:

Appearance: A slightly larger yellow hound with a red collar around it's neck. 

HP: 320

ATP: 45

Drops: 2 monster meat or 1 hounds tooth.

Behavior: 

Labrador will  stick back with li'l cub whil pap grizzly and ma are fighting the player. Then would be commanded by Li'l cub.

CAMP:

In winter  and spring and autumn the camp will look like a few tent post's and rope with a blackened spot on the ground nearby. When examined it will say "grizzly tent". Then during summer the tent would become a tent made of rabbit fur. With a permanent (for the season) campfire and a cooler on the ground. The cooler can be taken from the camp and will contain a huge amount of morsels (10 or so) and some berries and other foods. The cooler can be taken from the camp and slows spoilage by 20%. You can equip the cooler in the tool slot. The campfire is fueled by Pap grizzly and if it is not it will burn to coals, basically the same as having gone out but still produces a small amount of light ( just enough to stave off charlie.) and allows you to cook food on it.

Behavior of the group during day:

Pap grizzly will shoot down any small animals on sight and collect the morsels/ feathers they drop. They will collect fish and berries and will take any animals in traps ( giving you a reason to pick up your traps) labrador and li'l cub will play tag.

Behavior during dusk:

The group will sit down by the fire and pap bear will fuel it to full blaze, then they will cook whatever they got during the day, and eat most of it, storing what they didn't eat in the cooler.

How they would react to player:

They are neutral but if you get too close or take the cooler they would attack.

I would say this is a good start. I like the idea of having something to "hunt" in the summer like I do in winter. My problem is it sounds a lot like the walrus hunting party but with bears. I like the addition of momma bear tho.

Not sure about the cooler idea, especially one you can take with you. I think a better idea would be there being a blueprint inside that you could build at your base, but then we already have the icebox and an insulated pack, so maybe something along the lines of a deep freezer.

The grizzly claw sounds like a good drop, but I wanna know what's up with that floppy hat, cause that's what I want!

It makes sense that ma bear would do most of the work in battle, defending the lil guy like a crazy mama bear would.

Definitely the start of a good idea that was obviously well thought out! Thanks for sharing.... 3 times :livid::love_heart:

Rather than a cooler, you could get a freezer, halting food spoilage completely, but you have to wait a full day or something after taking it out before you can eat/cook it otherwise the food's stats are severely reduced?

Each time you open it everything inside gains a tiny bit of spoilage. Encourages careful planning maybe?

Archived