A fun tweak for Webber! - SPIDER HATZ AND NAMEZ

Do I need to explain? Webber's spider gang needs hats and names!

For hats, they would be the name giving item. Give a spider a hat to wear, and it will have a name, and keep the hat on. Every time you give them meat they will follow you with the hat still on. Soon they could become regulars! You go by and they will follow. Upon death the hat will be dropped.

I personally think this idea is neat, but seems a little too nice for Don't Starve. Webber's spiders are greedy, cannibalistic, overaggressive, dumb little monsters who attack anything but other spiders. They don't care about Webber or each other, they follow Webber because you give them meat, and if you don't give them more they abandon you. 

edit: Maybe just hats would be neat, though.

I personally think this idea is neat, but seems a little too nice for Don't Starve. Webber's spiders are greedy, cannibalistic, overaggressive, dumb little monsters who attack anything but other spiders. They don't care about Webber or each other, they follow Webber because you give them meat, and if you don't give them more they abandon you. 

edit: Maybe just hats would be neat, though.

Pigs do the same :S

That is a good point, but hats serve more then a cosmetic purpose on pigs, they provide additional protection. Doing that with spiders would make Webber overpowered. Pigs are also less evil then spiders. 

"less" pig guardians are evil :c I want their berries, which they dont eat 

Pigs are a lot smarter than spiders... even if they're not exactly the best. They're also more, uh, what's the word, individualized? They have names and they're linked to their houses and stuff. Spiders are just kinda a big mob of goons. Plus they die so much easier.

Archived