Willow's lighter is too Overpowered

Willow, the firestarter, is too OP with the new lighter.

You can technicly just walk around in the middle of the night and just check your map to see your surroundings while you walk in the pitch darkness.

When i did a test run i could explore the whole map and the caves with no items, just useing the lighter and eating random stuff on the road and picking a couple flowers for the sanity. No problem with either sanity or hunger

I think a good sollution is that either the lighter has a timer, and that you cant use it non stop, maybe it charges after a while, or that you need to fuel it with nightmare fuel or something. Or make it loose durability, and that you can make a new one with forinstance a gear and nightmare fuel.

Atleast make her sanity drop faster when she has so little light surrounding her.

:)

Cheers from a fan from Norway

Willow, the firestarter, is too OP with the new lighter.

You can technicly just walk around in the middle of the night and just check your map to see your surroundings while you walk in the pitch darkness.

When i did a test run i could explore the whole map and the caves with no items, just useing the lighter and eating random stuff on the road and picking a couple flowers for the sanity. No problem with either sanity or hunger

I think a good sollution is that either the lighter has a timer, and that you cant use it non stop, maybe it charges after a while, or that you need to fuel it with nightmare fuel or something. Or make it loose durability, and that you can make a new one with forinstance a gear and nightmare fuel.

Atleast make her sanity drop faster when she has so little light surrounding her.

:-)

Cheers from a fan from Norway

Willow is not overpowered in any way shape or form. The lighter is perfectly balanced. There have been threads with tens of tens of tens of pages about how they think Willow needs a BUFF (I am not one of those people.) She doesn't lose as much sanity as you think she would because she also gains sanity around fire, which the lighter provides in a small amount. I wear a sanity-upping hat when using the lighter, personally. 

You want to nerf Willow's only perk? Are you kidding?

What, because you could explore the whole map without torches? It's just as easy to make torches and a flower hat/umbrella and do the exact same thing. Two torches a night (1-2 depending on whether you start in Autumn or Spring) isn't that much to manage from day 1.

Let's talk about WX-78; has 300+ stats on Willow, gets a light that's the same size as Willow's Lighter when struck by lightning AND gets a speed burst and health regeneration, only con is starting stats and (apparently, though I don't think so) rain.

What about Wilson: immense tolerance to Winter. Wigfrid: life-steal and combat-resistance. Wes: terrible stats, and only ability does a max of 150 damage at a cost of all of Wes' Sanity. Maxwell: you can't go insane, starts with a Nightmare Sword and Nightmare Armour.

The fact that someone can explore the map without any problems whilst holding a useless combat weapon is a problem with general balance as there's no hostilities in foraging to make your life difficult there. This isn't a problem with Willow. Correct conclusion, but too many extraneous variables to make identifying the problem here a simple task.

You want to nerf Willow's only perk? Are you kidding?

What, because you could explore the whole map without torches? It's just as easy to make torches and a flower hat/umbrella and do the exact same thing. Two torches a night (1-2 depending on whether you start in Autumn or Spring) isn't that much to manage from day 1.

Let's talk about WX-78; has 300+ stats on Willow, gets a light that's the same size as Willow's Lighter when struck by lightning AND gets a speed burst and health regeneration, only con is starting stats and (apparently, though I don't think so) rain.

What about Wilson: immense tolerance to Winter. Wigfrid: life-steal and combat-resistance. Wes: terrible stats, and only ability does a max of 150 damage at a cost of all of Wes' Sanity. Maxwell: you can't go insane, starts with a Nightmare Sword and Nightmare Armour.

The fact that someone can explore the map without any problems whilst holding a useless combat weapon is a problem with general balance as there's no hostilities in foraging to make your life difficult there. This isn't a problem with Willow. Correct conclusion, but too many extraneous variables to make identifying the problem here a simple task.

preech man preech

Willow's lighter is kind of terrible, it definitely isn't OP. It only comes in handy when you don't have the materials onhand to make a torch; which, outside of bad luck in adventure mode (sometimes all the grass or saplings start out harvested...) should never happen to someone who isn't new to the game. Which is, for the most part, it's only purpose, helping newbies; it does give some tiny sanity regen when you don't have anything else to use though I guess. And it'd probably be decently nifty in Lights Out.

Keeping a lantern or miner's hat fueled in Caves/Ruins is really easy because there's tons of lightbulbs, and their light range is extremely worth it. I'm surprised you could explore caves using nothing but the lighter, because it's hard to tell if you're wandering near any of the enemies. It definitely wouldn't work in the ruins, at least, since enemies are way more common. With the lighter on, you can't even fight back, not to mention not being able to tell they're there even if they're within hitting range.

And on aboveground, if you aren't going through familiar territory, you'd definitely want to be using a torch instead of the lighter, since 2 grass/twigs is nothing. (When you know there's nothing dangerous around, though, that's basically the only safe time to stumble in the dark via lighter)

I wouldn't say that's her only perk though, since she does gain sanity from fire, which is alright. It's not the strongest effect, but it does help a little and encourage her pyromaniac tendencies, and it's important to keep her sane so all your stuff doesn't burn down. Ahaha. For once it's actually pretty important to stay sane.

Archived