Here comes a Giant

So I was playing in the summer. The days were just starting to get longer and background music wan't playing so I felt the Dragonfly should be coming at any minute (I have yet to run into the beast), but it never came :(

It used to be that when the Deerclops was approaching your character would warn you by saying "that sounded huge". Now they don't and I don't particularly mind because you can still hear it's growl. But what I'd really like is perhaps a subtle indicator something really nasty is around. Particularly, I was thinking that rabbits would stay in their holes, birds wouldn't land, bees wouldn't be out working, basically the whole nine yards.

Another less subtle thing might be a single vulture shadow overhead, knowing something is around who's favorite meal is your face and the vulture wants the leftovers.

This could also help with some people saying bringing a mob into the fight makes it too easy. Unless a pig is already befriended, he would inside his house when you showed up at the village

I don't know if the pigs should retreat into their houses. They are portrayed as stupid, but they have somehow managed to survive quite long. It could go either way I suppose.

Dunno what's with the Vultures or Buzzards, but the idea that animals get scared and that; Awesome :D

Why isn't the character saying the thing that they used to say when Deerclops approaches in Vanilla? Is that a bug or they removed it?

Why isn't the character saying the thing that they used to say when Deerclops approaches in Vanilla? Is that a bug or they removed it?

Think they just removed it. The vulture/buzzard was just another option, I prefer the first option as well.

Archived