Making videos

Luna

Is this game copyrighted? Iv'e made a tutorial for Don't starve and the Monetization request got rejected..

Ive asked the maker of the song I used, if its copyrighted and he said its not, so am I not allowed to do videos in this game?

Of course the game is copyrighted, most games are.

You should read through the TOS for the game here - http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/terms-of-service/

Most importantly, this part - "

The Game is protected by copyright law and by national and international laws, treaties and conventions.

As between you and us, we own all right, title and interest in the Game, including all computer code, titles, text, images, animations, artwork, audio, video, designs, sounds, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, concepts and trade-marks, the graphical design of the user interface, the “look-and-feel” of the user interface, all modifications, customizations and additions thereto, and all intellectual property rights therein. Our names and logos are our trade-marks and you must not use any of them without our consent. Except as expressly set out in this Agreement, you acquire no license to, or other rights in, the Game."

Of course the game is copyrighted, most games are.

You should read through the TOS for the game here - http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/terms-of-service/

Most importantly, this part - "

The Game is protected by copyright law and by national and international laws, treaties and conventions.

As between you and us, we own all right, title and interest in the Game, including all computer code, titles, text, images, animations, artwork, audio, video, designs, sounds, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, concepts and trade-marks, the graphical design of the user interface, the “look-and-feel” of the user interface, all modifications, customizations and additions thereto, and all intellectual property rights therein. Our names and logos are our trade-marks and you must not use any of them without our consent. Except as expressly set out in this Agreement, you acquire no license to, or other rights in, the Game."

by saying copyrighted i didnt mean litteraly, I ment the part if I can make videos to this game, or take screenshots.

for example, minecraft and terraria lets players record videos and take screenshots without the need to pay\ ask for the rights. while battlefield 3 \ cod only machinima directors can upload videos from this game

You can make videos and let's plays and tutorials, but the problem here, I think, is that you are trying to make money out of it? Or at least that what understand when you say "Monetization" (although I don't know what you are actually referring to with that).

Money involved =/= fair use.